The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday November 2nd, 2023

richwmn

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for all you do to keep this thread going.

Interesting Days to celebrate.   

We remember all those who have gone before us, especially, my mom, and Jim’s parents and brother.

The man in this house is not going to make dinner,  

I am not ready to prepare my epitaph.  Hope I have a few more years.

i like the quote.  That is the way to live your life.

I have not been to the port.

As for the meal, Curry and I do not get along, so that is not even a consideration. Long Island Iced Tea would set me on my ear.  No way can I put that much alcohol in my system at one time. The wine sounds nice.

Kudos to Indonesia for achieving their independence.

Today i am tackling a few chores around the house and then trying to pack for the cruise.

My cleaning lady promises to find time for us before we leave so that the house will be nice and clean when we return.

Jim’s knee is quite swollen and he is limping.  I am a bit concerned.  He does not want to go to an urgent care.  i guess he knows how he feels.  I also think that if it were broken, he would not be able to walk at all.  It is quite black and blue.

i am sleeping better the last few nights and am happy about that.  Hope it keeps up.

Prayers for all on the Cares List.  @Sharon in AZ my condolences on the passing of your Aunt.

@JazzyV hope you are getting some relief from your pain.

@grapau27 you are in my thoughts today.

@smitty34877 my thoughts are with you as you prepare for Lou’s last party.  So thankful you have help.

@kochleffeland @Vict0riann my prayers for al great cruise and good weather and no more missed ports.

@mamaofami I hope Sam continues to improve.

@aliaschief thanks for taking us along on your cruise.  It makes think that SB may be in our future.

Cheers for all those celebrating.  If I missed anyone in the last few days, I’m sorry. I am still trying to catch up.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, 

We've gone from temps in the 20's to mid-50's this morning and rain - lots of rain! It's just pouring as I write this. No plans to go anywhere today which is a treat for me so will stay home and get things done here. I was penciled in on DS's list yesterday but got erased - he forgot me. The tentative plan is today but I've suggested tomorrow when it's supposed to be drier. I have a "son-do" list and one is getting the outside Christmas lights up and I'd rather he wait until this storm passes. 

No to everything on today's list. I find myself using my air fryer daily since I'm by myself. A neighbor will be here for tea later this morning and it will be nice to have a visit. 

Enjoy your Thursday!

Karen

• Like 30

Good morning, all! All Souls Day and planning your epitaph seem to go together well. I would love to try that Pinot Noir some time!
Well, yesterday was a better day. It was the last day of good weather for a while. We took out the window screens, cleaned the screens and window frames, relabeled the screens so they’ll find their way to the right windows in the spring, and put them away for the winter.

This morning the wind is driving heavy rain onto the windows.

We also went to look for a new pressure cooker after the death of my other one. We came home with a new air fryer that DH liked the look of instead. Don’t ask.

We changed the bedding, put down hall runners, and the other little things changing the condo over to winter mode. Today is snuggle down, read, and watch the rain day.

Happy Thursday, everyone, and enjoy your day on/ plans for/ memories of your favorite BHB!

• Like 27

Good late morning,

I have a bit of good news. Baby Murphy has been moved to a lower level of care. The parents can stay in the room with her and have a bed and shower. They are weaning TPN and increasing feeds as well as weaning her CPAP. She keeps pulling the CPAP out so they hope to wean her soon. DB had a better night. I talked with him today and he sounded stronger. I encouraged him not to get behind the pain. He is very resistant to pain meds but realized he may need them for a few days. 

My surgery for my resistant trigger finger was moved up to the 20th. That should give me sufficient time to heal before the GA cruise. This will motivate me to get organized before the 20th for my luggage forward. 

I am glad to see the care list is much shorter than the celebration and cruise list. We are moving in the right direction. 

Prayers and well wishes for all. Special thoughts for Graham today. You are never to old to miss your mom. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, cruising sister said:

Good late morning,

I have a bit of good news. Baby Murphy has been moved to a lower level of care. The parents can stay in the room with her and have a bed and shower. They are weaning TPN and increasing feeds as well as weaning her CPAP. She keeps pulling the CPAP out so they hope to wean her soon. DB had a better night. I talked with him today and he sounded stronger. I encouraged him not to get behind the pain. He is very resistant to pain meds but realized he may need them for a few days. 

My surgery for my resistant trigger finger was moved up to the 20th. That should give me sufficient time to heal before the GA cruise. This will motivate me to get organized before the 20th for my luggage forward. 

I am glad to see the care list is much shorter than the celebration and cruise list. We are moving in the right direction. 

Prayers and well wishes for all. Special thoughts for Graham today. You are never to old to miss your mom. 

Thank you.

Good news on baby Murphy and your operation being brought forward to the 20th.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good late morning,

Wonderful news for all concerned, Lorraine!

• Like 18

Good morning. Just a quick note as I dash by on the errand run and again with a cry of "why is nothing ever simple?" Glad to hear that Baby Murphy is improving. Cold and sunny here but we may get up into the low 60's and that should last for a week or so. Mornings are still cold.

More later when I have time to settle.

Susan

• Like 22

Great news on Baby Murphy.  @Cruzin Terri I would strongly urge Jim to get to urgent care.  I've had a couple of fractures that did not seem like it at first.  In that case there may not be a lot to do but it's better to have a plan before the cruise than problems later.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Kochi is a lovely port. Have some tuna cooked in hay and visit the castle.  

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

IMG_1536.jpeg

IMG_1535.jpeg

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the pictures of today's port.  I hope we get there someday.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday. Today is packing day and we also need to take DM the supplies she requested plus some extra wine to get her through the next week while we are away. Which reminds me to thank all of you for the sentiments on the passing of 

my aunt. All are appreciated. 

I probably won’t be posting much after today while I’m with my ladies group. We have several meals planned and also going to Balboa Park one day. I hope I can keep up. 

I will pass on today’s meal suggestion. I’d rather have sausage and rice stuffed in squash. Craig will cook if I request something special. He has a few really good recipes, one is chicken Marsala with the chicken cooked like chicken Parmesan. Yum. 

Graham @grapau27, thoughts to you as you remember your late Mam today. 

Have a great day everyone!

Safe travels, Sharon.  Enjoy the weekend and the time with Craig in San Diego.

27 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good late morning,

Lorraine, thanks for the latest update on Murphy.  That is indeed great news, and I'm sure her parents and grandparents are thrilled.  I'm glad your DB had a better night.  I hope he doesn't get behind on the pain meds, but I think many of us have a tendency to do that.  Also, good news that your surgery has been moved up, and you will have more time to recover before your cruise.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for all you do to keep this thread going.

Interesting Days to celebrate.   

We remember all those who have gone before us, especially, my mom, and Jim’s parents and brother.

The man in this house is not going to make dinner,  

I am not ready to prepare my epitaph.  Hope I have a few more years.

i like the quote.  That is the way to live your life.

I have not been to the port.

As for the meal, Curry and I do not get along, so that is not even a consideration. Long Island Iced Tea would set me on my ear.  No way can I put that much alcohol in my system at one time. The wine sounds nice.

Kudos to Indonesia for achieving their independence.

Today i am tackling a few chores around the house and then trying to pack for the cruise.

My cleaning lady promises to find time for us before we leave so that the house will be nice and clean when we return.

Jim’s knee is quite swollen and he is limping.  I am a bit concerned.  He does not want to go to an urgent care.  i guess he knows how he feels.  I also think that if it were broken, he would not be able to walk at all.  It is quite black and blue.

i am sleeping better the last few nights and am happy about that.  Hope it keeps up.

Prayers for all on the Cares List.  @Sharon in AZ my condolences on the passing of your Aunt.

@JazzyV hope you are getting some relief from your pain.

@grapau27 you are in my thoughts today.

@smitty34877 my thoughts are with you as you prepare for Lou’s last party.  So thankful you have help.

@kochleffeland @Vict0riann my prayers for al great cruise and good weather and no more missed ports.

@mamaofami I hope Sam continues to improve.

@aliaschief thanks for taking us along on your cruise.  It makes think that SB may be in our future.

Cheers for all those celebrating.  If I missed anyone in the last few days, I’m sorry. I am still trying to catch up.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I hope Jim's knee is better soon.  I'm probably beginning to sound like a broken record, but when I injured my knee, I found Aspercreme really helped even with taking Advil.  I agree with Roy, @rafinmd that it wouldn't hurt to have a doctor look at the knee and maybe get some x-rays.  It could be some type of knee brace or support could help redistribute the weight on the knee.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

I just read about baby Murphy and it certainly is good news. I am also glad your  hand surgery date  is sooner@cruising sister.

@Cruzin Terri, I must echo the others and  ask Jim to really think about X-rays and an MD eval. The knee can have a host of potential problems and swells because of  trauma or inflammation. 

• Like 18

55 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good late morning,

Great news.  It sounds like  your family is really turning the corner on all the health woes.  Good for them!   That makes it a wonderful day!

• Like 16

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I will remember my DM on this All Souls Day. BFF occasionally will make me dinner, but not today. I'll delay planning my epitaph, although I do want to make arrangements in advance, one of these days. Good quote. I'll pass on the meal. I like the drink, which can put you on your rear quickly if slurped too quickly. Yes to the wine also. I have not been to Kochi City. An important day for Indonesia. 

We almost broke the record for low temp (25F) on this date. It was 26 this AM and is going up to 46F. At least it's sunny. And 60's for the weekend. Same old issues with sleep; I got about 3.5 hours. At least I managed a 1 hour nap yesterday afternoon, in the recliner. I saw the PMR (rehab) doctor today, as a follow-up. I'm going to increase my Gabapentin by 1 capsule a day to try to help the nerve pain. Also she sang the praises of the Neurosurgeon, whose PA I'll see tomorrow. And she filled out paperwork for a handicapped placard for my car, but I read it takes 6-8 weeks to get it.

@grapau27 Thinking of you and Pauline on this 12th memory of your dear mam.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for posting the drink recipe today. Sorry you didn't sleep well either.

@kazu Enjoy your lunch with your BFF. Ivan is a lucky dog to have ended up with someone as caring as you.

@Heartgrove It doesn't sound right that it would take that long to transfer data from the old phones to the new. And transferring stuff to the wrong phones! Oy!

@aliaschief That meal looks delicious. 

@cat shepard I hope your electrical work passes with flying colors.

@Seasick Sailor I'm sorry to hear of your sleepless night. Enjoy girls' game night.

@Vict0riann Sorry you missed Cartegena. I stopped there once, and unfortunately my knee was so bad I couldn't do any walking. I just got off the ship to say I'd been there, and got back on.

@smitty34877 I'm so glad you have heat. The thermocouple on my boiler tends to go bad every few years. Your soup sounds good. It's great that DD and DS have done the organizing for Lou's remembrance; hugs to you all.

@Nickelpenny I do hope you get some answers before your cruise. 

@ger_77 I'm glad DH got a good report from the Cardiologist, and the ok to cruise. 

@bennybear Great Kochi photos.

@Sharon in AZ Enjoy your time with the ladies group, and then Craig.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear about Jim's knee. It would be good to at least get an x-ray, if he'd go. That way maybe no surprises on your cruise. I'm glad you're sleeping better.

@cruising sister Thanks for sharing the good news about Murphy! I'm so glad to hear it. And also that DB is feeling better. And best to you for your surgery.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

Lorraine @cruising sister I am thrilled to hear of such a big improvement in Baby Murphy's condition.  I'm sure the parents are too.  We've prayed for that miracle for a long time now so looks like our prayers were heard.  Glad to hear your surgery has been moved up as well.  Good luck with packing!

• Like 17

Well only 2 1/2 days of pain relief after my 2nd epidural shot not as much pain at before the shot but still.....got my EOB from Kaiser today --- the 1st 2 shots were billed/paid for at over $5000......sure didn't get my/Kaiser's money's worth!

Edited by 57redbird
info
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 10

After trying to troubleshoot the golf cart's problem starting when it's cold, but sometimes starting when it warms up, DH now thinks it might be the fuel pump.  Since it's been quite a while since DH changed the oil,  he called the place that works on golf carts.  It's now on it's way to have the oil changed along with the fuel filter, fuel pump and anything else that needs work.  When we bought it used in 1999, we were told it was a 1995 model, but we learned a few years ago, it was at least at 1993.  Now, we know it was built in May of 1992, so I think it's definitely time for a tune up.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I will remember my DM on this All Souls Day. BFF occasionally will make me dinner, but not today. I'll delay planning my epitaph, although I do want to make arrangements in advance, one of these days. Good quote. I'll pass on the meal. I like the drink, which can put you on your rear quickly if slurped too quickly. Yes to the wine also. I have not been to Kochi City. An important day for Indonesia. 

We almost broke the record for low temp (25F) on this date. It was 26 this AM and is going up to 46F. At least it's sunny. And 60's for the weekend. Same old issues with sleep; I got about 3.5 hours. At least I managed a 1 hour nap yesterday afternoon, in the recliner. I saw the PMR (rehab) doctor today, as a follow-up. I'm going to increase my Gabapentin by 1 capsule a day to try to help the nerve pain. Also she sang the praises of the Neurosurgeon, whose PA I'll see tomorrow. And she filled out paperwork for a handicapped placard for my car, but I read it takes 6-8 weeks to get it.

@grapau27 Thinking of you and Pauline on this 12th memory of your dear mam.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for posting the drink recipe today. Sorry you didn't sleep well either.

@kazu Enjoy your lunch with your BFF. Ivan is a lucky dog to have ended up with someone as caring as you.

@Heartgrove It doesn't sound right that it would take that long to transfer data from the old phones to the new. And transferring stuff to the wrong phones! Oy!

@aliaschief That meal looks delicious. 

@cat shepard I hope your electrical work passes with flying colors.

@Seasick Sailor I'm sorry to hear of your sleepless night. Enjoy girls' game night.

@Vict0riann Sorry you missed Cartegena. I stopped there once, and unfortunately my knee was so bad I couldn't do any walking. I just got off the ship to say I'd been there, and got back on.

@smitty34877 I'm so glad you have heat. The thermocouple on my boiler tends to go bad every few years. Your soup sounds good. It's great that DD and DS have done the organizing for Lou's remembrance; hugs to you all.

@Nickelpenny I do hope you get some answers before your cruise. 

@ger_77 I'm glad DH got a good report from the Cardiologist, and the ok to cruise. 

@bennybear Great Kochi photos.

@Sharon in AZ Enjoy your time with the ladies group, and then Craig.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear about Jim's knee. It would be good to at least get an x-ray, if he'd go. That way maybe no surprises on your cruise. I'm glad you're sleeping better.

@cruising sister Thanks for sharing the good news about Murphy! I'm so glad to hear it. And also that DB is feeling better. And best to you for your surgery.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I hope you get some answers tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Well only 2 1/2 days of pain relief after my 2nd epidural shot......got my EOB from Kaiser today --- the 1st 2 shots were billed/paid for at over $5000......sure didn't get my money's worth!

I'm sorry the pain relief only lasted 2 1/2 days. 

I have hesitated saying anything about what happened when DH the epidural spine shots in 2018 and 2021, because I did not want to dampen anyone's hope they would work.  In 2018, he had two rounds of two shots, one on each side of the spine, that only worked marginally.  In 2021, he had one more epidural shot directly in the center of the spine, that did not work.  It was a step that was needed before he could be considered for back surgery.  When he got the last shot at Baylor Scott and White in Tempe, he was told the shots only work about 10% of the time.

I was hoping that both of you would be in the 10% group.  I hope you both can find a solution to your pain.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dfish said:

We are booked for Hawaii.   I am so excited.

@Cruzin Terri I third or fourth the suggestion that Jim should at least get an x-ray.  Then he can tell you that he told you it was nothing serious.  

Congratulations on booking the cruise.  Hawaii is a wonderful way to get out of the winter cold.

Lenda

• Like 17

Just now, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Congratulations on booking the cruise.  Hawaii is a wonderful way to get out of the winter cold.

Lenda

Thank you!  We think it is a good way, too, and we booked an extra night in San Diego after the cruise. 

• Like 18