Have cruises prices gone down?

LongHill44

My Mardi Gras cruise for next summer and my Glory cruise for 2022 have not gone down. But the three Vista cruises I've booked between November and March are the three cheapest 7-day cruises I've booked (only dating back to 2017) and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cheapest per day cruises I've booked dating back to 2014.

Prices are going to be in limbo until things kick off again.  Supply and demand drives the price, the cruise lines don't just get to set a price and make people pay it.  Until those cruises actually have a firm start date and the sailings start so you can see the level of true demand it is all speculation.

• Like 1

Our Oct. 2021 cruise has essentially stayed the same since we booked it in May. 
our Jan. 2021 cruise has been MIA on the website for the past month, so 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
But on our roll call, people are jumping ship on that booking right and left. If it was removed due to capacity reasons... I assume it will reappear soon. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m so over the unknown. 

3 hours ago, LongHill44 said:

Overall, do you feel cruises prices have gone down due to covid?

Are they offering more perks?

Some have and some went up. As for perks. depends on the cruise and the cruise line. Most of the time you are paying extra for the perks. Some cruise lines offer you a choice in price. With or with out the perks.

Yes and no. Currently, prices are "lower" especially on cruises that are uncertain.

Once cruising gets the green light to go, I expect prices to be higher. Ones in the future that already seem "more certain" are already higher.

It's all a gamble. Win some. Lose some.

6 hours ago, Georgie562 said:

Up. 

They have to make up for the loss revenue somehow and how other than the cruise fare. 

I also expect to see a lot of cutbacks coming up and an increase in price for like specialty restaurants. 

100% agree Its going to be cutback city!

18 hours ago, ray98 said:

Prices are going to be in limbo until things kick off again.  Supply and demand drives the price, the cruise lines don't just get to set a price and make people pay it.  Until those cruises actually have a firm start date and the sailings start so you can see the level of true demand it is all speculation.

Once cruises start, the supply will be pretty much known. Demand, however, will be unknown. Will there be a surge from those who have missed their cruises? Will people be leery at first with all the restrictions? Will new cruisers be discouraged by "floating petri dish"? No one yet knows the answers.

• Like 1

Not to hijack, but I've been wanting to do an Eastern Canada cruise.  HAL does that route from Boston to Montreal and vice versa. I can book for next summer from 1K pp for an inside to 3K pp for balcony.  I then discovered there was a tour from Montreal via bus and train, that does basically the same ports. since we're an hour south of Montreal,   I checked the prices and they start at 5K pp. I've always felt cruises were a value and will be, even if prices increase.