The Daily for Thursday 12/23/2021

richwmn

15 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I'm also worried about @DeeniEncinitas.  Has anyone heard from Denise?

I'm mystified but less worried.  She hasn't posted since September but occasionally "Likes" posts, most recently @Seasick Sailor's post on the live thread with the pictures (Post number 10)

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I was exposed to Covid on Sunday when I delivered some documents from church to my next door neighbor. My doctor told me to wait 3 to 4 days then get tested so I was tested this morning. I thought I was getting the rapid test but it turns out that it was a lab test and I won't know the results for 24 to 48 hours. GRRRR.

Thank you Rich for continuing to post the Daily while you are on vacation.

Thank you Roy for continuing to post the Cares and Celebrations during your radiation treatments.

Thank you Jacqui for posting the cheerful meme's  and the not so cheerful update regarding Jose.

I am continuing to pray for all who need it.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow morning @grapau27.  Good luck!

By the way, we spent Christmas 2015 at Stanbrook Abbey near Wass. We have a close friend who is a nun there. It was the year of the flooding.  She took us for a hike to Byland Abbey on Boxing Day.  It’s a lovely part of the world. 

1E826E06-2330-4436-A017-28AB1DE2D319.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I was exposed to Covid on Sunday when I delivered some documents from church to my next door neighbor. My doctor told me to wait 3 to 4 days then get tested so I was tested this morning. I thought I was getting the rapid test but it turns out that it was a lab test and I won't know the results for 24 to 48 hours. GRRRR.

Thank you Rich for continuing to post the Daily while you are on vacation.

Thank you Roy for continuing to post the 

Prayers 🙏 for a negative result for you Jane.

Graham.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow morning @grapau27.  Good luck!

By the way, we spent Christmas 2015 at Stanbrook Abbey near Wass. We have a close friend who is a nun there. It was the year of the flooding.  She took us for a hike to Byland Abbey on Boxing Day.  It’s a lovely part of the world. 

1E826E06-2330-4436-A017-28AB1DE2D319.jpeg

Thank you for your prayers Mr Boston.

North Yorkshire is a lovely part of England.

Graham.

• Like 7

Good afternoon, what a busy Daily day!

So glad to hear from @kazu...Jacqui, please take care of yourself while you're running ragged.  Sorry the news about Jose isn't better yet, but know that we're all praying for him, for you, and for the doctors.

@grapau27Graham, prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about possible Covid contacts, @mamaofamiCarol and @lazey1Jane. Praying for negative tests!!

We're having a quiet Christmas - just DH and both DSs.  We saw some of the family for Thanksgiving, and will have to wait until things are better before seeing the rest of them.  Our dinners are set - filet mignon on the grill tomorrow for Christmas Eve, then homemade lasagna for Christmas Day.  Easy peasy!!

Love and prayers to all on the Care list, hoping in the new year it will be smaller.  Lifting the wine glass in celebration to all on the Celebrations list.

All our Daily family on cruises, HAVE FUN!!!  All those traveling, safe travels. To those staying home, remember that you're protecting yourself from that nasty bug.

Laura

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

DH just read on another HAL thread that the Koningsdam was not allowed to disembark passengers in Puerto Vallarta today.  A few were allowed off early, but then told to return to the ship.  The comments from passengers on the ship say a few crew members tested positive and the Mexican authorities would not let anyone from the ship enter the country.  Someone else said there were 50 cases, and maybe even some passengers were positive.  As with any developing situation, the information is partly true and partly hearsay and speculation.  I just hope this doesn't turn into a situation like those in 2020.

Lenda

That person then revisited what they thought they were quoting and realized it was the RCL cruises, not HAL, as I read it. Sure hope that is the case. Not that I'm glad they are the one with that many cases, just that it's not HAL. 🙂

Edited by tjcox9
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

That person then revisited what they thought they were quoting and realized it was the RCL cruises, not HAL, as I read it. Sure hope that is the case. Not that I'm glad they are the one with that many cases, just that it's not HAL. 🙂

1 hour ago, Deep68 said:

Just received a letter from the captain. Apparently the Mexican authorities would allow passengers on shore that were on Holland America tours and were tested. As the ship was advised of this restriction at the last minute logistically it was not possible to make this happen. 
We are to get port taxes refunded and a $50 ship board credit and of course refund of cancelled tours.  We are now at sea cruising rather slowly. It is a gorgeous calm day. 

This post from the "Puerto Vallarta" thread indicates that it is HAL as well.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good evening, everyone.  

I made it to my sister's safely, but it was a challenge.   The last part of the trip was very slow going due to icy roads.  There were cars in ditches and one multi-car accident that closed the highway in both directions for about an hour.  Needless to say, we aren't going anywhere tonight.  

@grapau27  Wishing you an easy and successful procedure tomorrow.  

@mamaofami  Keeping my fingers crossed that you didn't pick up this nasty virus.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.  

I made it to my sister's safely, but it was a challenge.   The last part of the trip was very slow going due to icy roads.  There were cars in ditches and one multi-car accident that closed the highway in both directions for about an hour.  Needless to say, we aren't going anywhere tonight.  

@mamaofami  Keeping my fingers crossed that you didn't pick up this nasty virus.

Geesh Debbie, glad you are safe. Another thing I don’t miss about the North. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Sorry to hear this and I hope it comes out negative.

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

I'm glad you made it safely. Icy roads are the worst! 

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.  

Oh no!  I'm so glad you made it there safely.  What a nightmare!  I hope the weather improves during your stay.  Enjoy staying inside warm and cozy tonight.🔥

• Like 9

Whew!  I finally made it through the Daily.  Our quick errand run wasn't so quick.  But, finally the chocolate pies are finished and the potatoes for the potato salad are cooked.  Tomorrow, all I have to do is finish the potato salad and make the baked beans.  The ribs will go in the smoker about 1:30 to 2 p.m.  Christmas Day we'll have ham with our leftover beans and salad.

If the predictions are correct, we should get much needed rain tonight to tomorrow morning along with high winds, gusting to 40 mph.  The wind we could do without.

It's been a busy day on the Daily, and I wish all the news was good.  When I posted about the postitive tests on the Koningsdam, I could tell that some of the posters on the new thread were probably repeating rumors since the situation was still unfolding.  I'm sorry there is an outbreak, but glad that it is not as serious as some were saying.

• Like 14

Roy, @rafinmd, my cousin Jim in Vancouver had four micro-holes drilled in his skull and is doing well.  He is on the 7th floor of the hospital, and there is an outbreak on the 4th floor, so his sister, who wanted to go in to visit him, has decided against it...  I think he can safely come off the Care list, but thanks for thinking of him.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Somehow, while I was typing my post, it posted.  I tried editing it, but it timed out before I could save it.  Thank goodness for copy and paste, so I could post without having to rewrite.

I have heard of Festivus even though I very rarely watched Seinfeld.  I'll think our roots are important.  My mother would regift a few things, but I really haven't.  

The quote of the day is interesting to say the least.

We'll pass on the drink and the meal, but the wine sounds good.

We have not been to Tangiers.  Thank your @bdrcole and @Vict0riann for the pictures.  It is amazing how some merchants are so trusting of ship passengers.  A few years ago in Greece, one let DH take a gold necklace back to the ship to see if it was what I was looking for.  BTW, it was, and he made a nice sale.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you made it safely to your sister's place.  Take care and enjoy your time with your family.

@grapau27  Graham, good luck with your MOHS procedure tomorrow.  That is the best way to be sure to get all the BCC.  Then you and Pauline can enjoy Christmas Day.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, safe travels tomorrow and have a great time at your DD's.

@Crazy For Cats It is not possible to overstock on chocolate.  😀

@cunnorl  Charlene, glad your DS is tolerating the latest treatment.  Hope her blood work is good and that the infusion helps.  Good luck with your new phone.

@mamaofami  Carol, glad that one DGS is negative and hope the other is too.  YIKES!  What were they thinking letting a technician near a patient without a mask! 😱  I'm glad you were wearing an N95 mask.  Sending good thoughts that you fail the test Sunday.

@durangoscots Good news that your niece and family made it to Denver safely.  

@smitty34877  Terry, glad you decided to go see you DS and family.  Enjoy the visit.  Your DD and DSIL are also angels that will take good care of Tana, her son and the dogs.  Relax and have fun.

@lazey1  Jane, I'm sorry you were exposed to Covid.  Sending positive thoughts that you also fail the test.

@kazu  Jacqui, that you for taking time to share some great memes with us and for the report on Jose.  I wish it was better news.  Hopefully, the cultures will tell the doctors what they need to know and Jose will be on the way to good health soon.  Take care of yourself too.  Keeping both of you in our thoughts and sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I'm glad your cousin is doing well after his surgery.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Happy Pawlidays - Santa Claws is Coming to Town - 12 Cats of Christmas - Rocking Around the Scratching Tree - Meow-y and Bright

I hoped that more would post, but this is part of the Kitty Cat play list from Tidy Cat.

@kazu thank you for posting, I know about sitting in hospitals and i know that they are long tiring days, even though you aren't the patient, but you love the patient.  Don't forget to eat.  I know that sounds silly, but you probably are not feeling hungry.

Graham, you are probably just waking up to get ready.  I hope that all goes well, and that you are home and happy in just a few hours. 

Hugs to all, marshhawk aka  Annie 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hello, what a busy day here on the daily, with 5 pages, thanks for sll the reports, recipes, humour and the photos of Tangier.......thanks to @bdrcole and @Vict0riann for sharing their wonderful photos.

@bennybear I appreciate your mention of @kazu teaching us to multiquote, and Congratulations to @dobiemom for 12 multiquotes in the one post.

@mamaofamiand @lazey1hope you both will have a negative response to your  covid tests.

@kazu thanks for your update, I sincerely hope that the LP result will be known before Christmas, so that suitable treatment can begin. 

It's a mostly cloudy cool day, occasional sunshine, rain is forecast.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15

@kazuSending positive thoughts for test results. Drive carefully, and take care of yourself.

@grapau27Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. 

@smitty34877I am so glad you are able to get away and visit family. You have been so very good to Tana and her son. Enjoy.

Christmas plans reworked here.  3 of 5 little people can not be vaccinated, so in caution, we will see each family  (3 of them) on different days to celebrate Xmas.  DH and I, and visiting DB are all boosted.  Not the Xmas we wanted, but better than last year.

Stay safe everyone, and wear your masks.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, kplady said:

Good afternoon, what a busy Daily day!

So glad to hear from @kazu...Jacqui, please take care of yourself while you're running ragged.  Sorry the news about Jose isn't better yet, but know that we're all praying for him, for you, and for the doctors.

@grapau27Graham, prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about possible Covid contacts, @mamaofamiCarol and @lazey1Jane. Praying for negative tests!!

We're having a quiet Christmas - just DH and both DSs.  We saw some of the family for Thanksgiving, and will have to wait until things are better before seeing the rest of them.  Our dinners are set - filet mignon on the grill tomorrow for Christmas Eve, then homemade lasagna for Christmas Day.  Easy peasy!!

Love and prayers to all on the Care list, hoping in the new year it will be smaller.  Lifting the wine glass in celebration to all on the Celebrations list.

All our Daily family on cruises, HAVE FUN!!!  All those traveling, safe travels. To those staying home, remember that you're protecting yourself from that nasty bug.

Laura

13 hours ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.  

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Somehow, while I was typing my post, it posted.  I tried editing it, but it timed out before I could save it.  Thank goodness for copy and paste, so I could post without having to rewrite.

I have heard of Festivus even though I very rarely watched Seinfeld.  I'll think our roots are important.  My mother would regift a few things, but I really haven't.  

The quote of the day is interesting to say the least.

We'll pass on the drink and the meal, but the wine sounds good.

We have not been to Tangiers.  Thank your @bdrcole and @Vict0riann for the pictures.  It is amazing how some merchants are so trusting of ship passengers.  A few years ago in Greece, one let DH take a gold necklace back to the ship to see if it was what I was looking for.  BTW, it was, and he made a nice sale.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you made it safely to your sister's place.  Take care and enjoy your time with your family.

@grapau27  Graham, good luck with your MOHS procedure tomorrow.  That is the best way to be sure to get all the BCC.  Then you and Pauline can enjoy Christmas Day.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, safe travels tomorrow and have a great time at your DD's.

@Crazy For Cats It is not possible to overstock on chocolate.  😀

@cunnorl  Charlene, glad your DS is tolerating the latest treatment.  Hope her blood work is good and that the infusion helps.  Good luck with your new phone.

@mamaofami  Carol, glad that one DGS is negative and hope the other is too.  YIKES!  What were they thinking letting a technician near a patient without a mask! 😱  I'm glad you were wearing an N95 mask.  Sending good thoughts that you fail the test Sunday.

@durangoscots Good news that your niece and family made it to Denver safely.  

@smitty34877  Terry, glad you decided to go see you DS and family.  Enjoy the visit.  Your DD and DSIL are also angels that will take good care of Tana, her son and the dogs.  Relax and have fun.

@lazey1  Jane, I'm sorry you were exposed to Covid.  Sending positive thoughts that you also fail the test.

@kazu  Jacqui, that you for taking time to share some great memes with us and for the report on Jose.  I wish it was better news.  Hopefully, the cultures will tell the doctors what they need to know and Jose will be on the way to good health soon.  Take care of yourself too.  Keeping both of you in our thoughts and sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I'm glad your cousin is doing well after his surgery.

Lenda

10 hours ago, Lcubed said:

@grapau27Graham, good luck tomorrow with your procedure.

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Pawlidays - Santa Claws is Coming to Town - 12 Cats of Christmas - Rocking Around the Scratching Tree - Meow-y and Bright

I hoped that more would post, but this is part of the Kitty Cat play list from Tidy Cat.

@kazu thank you for posting, I know about sitting in hospitals and i know that they are long tiring days, even though you aren't the patient, but you love the patient.  Don't forget to eat.  I know that sounds silly, but you probably are not feeling hungry.

Graham, you are probably just waking up to get ready.  I hope that all goes well, and that you are home and happy in just a few hours. 

Hugs to all, marshhawk aka  Annie 

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Prayers for Graham on your surgery tomorrow!

Rich and Allen and I have held the Daily-ite Trivia challenges today. Didn't do too bad. Had a lot of fun! 

Dinner was lovely. Mahi-mahi and filet Oscar. 

Beautiful Chistmas decorations over the ship. 

Sweet dreams.

9 hours ago, Tbay said:

@kazuSending positive thoughts for test results. Drive carefully, and take care of yourself.

@grapau27Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. 

@smitty34877I am so glad you are able to get away and visit family. You have been so very good to Tana and her son. Enjoy.

Christmas plans reworked here.  3 of 5 little people can not be vaccinated, so in caution, we will see each family  (3 of them) on different days to celebrate Xmas.  DH and I, and visiting DB are all boosted.  Not the Xmas we wanted, but better than last year.

Stay safe everyone, and wear your masks.

Thank you so much everyone for your good wishes.

I had my op at 09.30am and I got home 10 minutes ago at 11.00am GMT.

Pauline stopped in the car at the hospital while I had my op.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4