The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 11th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Since I'm a girl child, it's my party day (Leslie Gore)! And also celebrating our Daily girl children, Camilla and Elliott Rose! I didn't know who Ada Lovelace was until @grapau27 explained. Good quote. I like the meal and drink. Pass on the wine due to price only. I haven't been to Half Moon Cay, only Castaway Cay. 

Today is a bit warmer, although an air quality alert day. I'd set my alarm for 7:45, but at 7:15 I heard ladders being raised to the roof! So I got out of bed and dressed. I'm supposed to go out to dinner with BFF and 2 friends, so I need to find out if the roofers plan to finish today or tomorrow. Then my Rheumatologist called to set up a GI appointment due to my frequent stomach issues. So Friday I'll see the eye doctor first, then go to see the GI PA.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thinking of you and DH. I'm glad the procedure went well. 

@MISTER 67 I'm glad you have some semblance of normalcy. Sorry to hear the neighboring condo is uninhabitable. Where will those folks go?

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation of who Ada Lovelace was.

@kazu Thanks for more info on Ada Lovelace. Good luck with the SUV, the garden and the estate issue!

@summer slope I'm glad you're feeling better today from the shots. Nice HMC photos.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the HMC photos and the sweet picture of Elliott Rose.

@ottahand7 Great photos. And great news that Frank did so well in rehab!

@marshhawk Prayers for your friend Shari; it doesn't sound like it's safe for her to be alone.

@Sharon in AZ Enjoy the M&G.

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for Tana. Thanks for the photo of Camilla.

@Heartgrove Jack, my sincere condolences to you and the family on the loss of your brother. I am glad his wife and son could be with him as he transitioned.

@Overhead Fred Lovely photos.

@RedneckBob Thanks for the HMC pictures.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear about more rain, but hopefully you're getting a lot of relaxation in. 

Prayers for the Care List. Prayers for Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

He was able to remove a good portion of the disc and put a good size spacer between the dics. 

Lenda, I'm hoping that this procedure will completely resolve Steve's possible NPH issues.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisersThanks for the picture of mom and baby.  Just beautiful.

@smitty34877Thanks for the picture of Miss Camilla.  So cute and growing fast.

Thanks, she is beautiful!  One correction - that is Grandma and baby.  Of course Lisa would be happy to take the little one home with her but I doubt her DS and DDIL would find that acceptable.  LOL!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Tina for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here!

Sad news this morning. My brother passed away peacefully early this morning. It was the end of a terrible, long journey with Parkinson's. His son and his wife were with him at the end. I'm sure that he was met by my parents, our sister, and my son in heaven.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Jack

It is the end of your brother’s pain and suffering. May wonderful memories help ease your pain. 

Ann

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Tina for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here!

Sad news this morning. My brother passed away peacefully early this morning. It was the end of a terrible, long journey with Parkinson's. His son and his wife were with him at the end. I'm sure that he was met by my parents, our sister, and my son in heaven.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Sorry to hear about your brother. It is alwaysso sad, even when expected. Glad his family could be with him.

Susan

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Jack, Please accept my deepest sympathy. My father passed away from complications of Parkinson's. May your brother rest in peace. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Ooh that rainbow carrot salad!

@Heartgrove Jack, I’m sorry for the loss of your brother!  
@Quartzsite Cruiser glad to hear the surgery went well,  may the healing begin! 
@StLouisCruisers your niece doesn’t look old enough to be a grandma! 

we’ve enjoyed Half moon Cay a few times.  

47B01F00-9C31-4C6C-956F-415BCDCB35BE.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Today's sunrise is from my 20111 combination of Blount Small ship Adventures voyage through the Erie Canal New York to Montreal and returning to New York on the Crystal Symphony.  On October 11 the Grande Mariner  was in Quebec:

dawnquebec.jpg

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Since I'm a girl child, it's my party day (Leslie Gore)! And also celebrating our Daily girl children, Camilla and Elliott Rose! I didn't know who Ada Lovelace was until @grapau27 explained. Good quote. I like the meal and drink. Pass on the wine due to price only. I haven't been to Half Moon Cay, only Castaway Cay. 

Today is a bit warmer, although an air quality alert day. I'd set my alarm for 7:45, but at 7:15 I heard ladders being raised to the roof! So I got out of bed and dressed. I'm supposed to go out to dinner with BFF and 2 friends, so I need to find out if the roofers plan to finish today or tomorrow. Then my Rheumatologist called to set up a GI appointment due to my frequent stomach issues. So Friday I'll see the eye doctor first, then go to see the GI PA.

@MISTER 67 I'm glad you have some semblance of normalcy. Sorry to hear the neighboring condo is uninhabitable. Where will those folks go?

@kazu Thanks for more info on Ada Lovelace. Good luck with the SUV, the garden and the estate issue!

@summer slope I'm glad you're feeling better today from the shots. Nice HMC photos.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the HMC photos and the sweet picture of Elliott Rose.

@marshhawk Prayers for your friend Shari; it doesn't sound like it's safe for her to be alone.

@Heartgrove Jack, my sincere condolences to you and the family on the loss of your brother. I am glad his wife and son could be with him as he transitioned.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear about more rain, but hopefully you're getting a lot of relaxation in. 

Prayers for the Care List. Prayers for Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for your GI PA and eye doctor appointments on Friday Vanessa.

Graham.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 20111 combination of Blount Small ship Adventures voyage through the Erie Canal New York to Montreal and returning to New York on the Crystal Symphony.  On October 11 the Grande Mariner  was in Quebec:

dawnquebec.jpg

Roy

Amazing sky photo Roy.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Quick story about HMC and the Stingray Adventure. Years ago the nature guy from Australia, Steve, was killed by a stingray with the tail going through his body. Three months after this happened we were on a HAL cruise that stopped at HMC. I walked to the Stingray Adventure and no one from the ship had signed up for the adventure due to the recent event with Steve. So the operator let me swim with the stingray for no charge!

Forgot to also mention that on this same cruise we stopped at Grand Turk and I snorkeled from the beach at the port. While snorkeling there was a stingray and I motioned others in the water to come look at the stingray. Well you think I yelled shark and everyone rushed out of the water to avoid the small ray.

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

Just a quick update.  They brought DH to the room about 10:40. It might have been soon, but the other patient in recovery needed more attention, so they could not let one nurse leave until the patient was stable.  DH said most of the time he spent talking with the nurses.  He is more alert now, and we just finished lunch.  They even fed me.  We each had a chef's salad and for dessert they brought warm chocolate chip cookies 🍪, two each.  We split one, and I ate part of another.  We still have that part and two more for snacks.  It's nice the hospital has alternatives to the standard meals, and you can pick a main, vegetable, etc. for a hot meal.  

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, i hope your two appointments Friday will go well, and I hope the stomach issues can be solved easily.

2 hours ago, AV8rix said:

Lenda, I'm hoping that this procedure will completely resolve Steve's possible NPH issues.

The neurosurgeon at UT Southwestern thought there was a good chance these two surgeries could solve the NPH issue.  He said it was not a serious probpem yet or life threatening.    Since theese procedure have a good possibility to sol e the NPH, he wanted to give the back surgery a try before trying brain surgery which has a bigger risk,  if necessary, we can go back to UT Southwestern.  

This was the preliminary procedure to take out the disc material and put a polymer wedge between the vertebrae.  The next one will clean out the bone spurs then put in the zip ties.  That is when we'll start to see some real results.

@RedneckBob  We've been able to swim with stingrays several times and even had them swim up out legs.  That was an awesome experience.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just a quick update.  They brought DH to the room about 10:40. It might have been soon, but the other patient in recovery needed more attention, so they could not let one nurse leave until the patient was stable.  DH said most of the time he spent talking with the nurses.  He is more alert now, and we just finished lunch.  They even fed me.  We each had a chef's salad and for dessert they brought warm chocolate chip cookies 🍪, two each.  We split one, and I ate part of another.  We still have that part and two more for snacks.  It's nice the hospital has alternatives to the standard meals, and you can pick a main, vegetable, etc. for a hot meal.  

Vanessa, i hope your two appointments Friday will go well, and I hope the stomach issues can be solved easily.

The neurosurgeon at UT Southwestern thought there was a good chance these two surgeries could solve the NPH issue.  He said it was not a serious probpem yet or life threatening.    Since theese procedure have a good possibility to sol e the NPH, he wanted to give the back surgery a try before trying brain surgery which has a bigger risk,  if necessary, we can go back to UT Southwestern.  

This was the preliminary procedure to take out the disc material and put a polymer wedge between the vertebrae.  The next one will clean out the bone spurs then put in the zip ties.  That is when we'll start to see some real results.

@RedneckBob  We've been able to swim with stingrays several times and even had them swim up out legs.  That was an awesome experience.

Lenda

Yes, it’s great. I have a secret beach I go to in St Thomas on every cruise to see stingrays and turtles. It called Secret Beach. Will be there in a month and was there a year ago. Snorkeled from beach in eight ft of water and swam for 10 minutes with largest stingray I ever saw in Caribbean; 6 ft spotted ray. I was only snorkeler in water.

• Like 16

Good afternoon, all! We are on our way to Africa on the Zaandam at last!

We sailed down from Montreal - and did NOT have WIFI on that leg. Now we do, so we’re not running silent now! 

Sail away was late yesterday due to the sheer volume of luggage and stores. About 15 minutes out of port, there was a medical emergency and we turned around and came back to Port Everglades. A gentleman was offloaded on a stretcher and he and his luggage were whisked away in an ambulance. After all the preparation and hurdles to get on board, it’s so sad that his voyage lasted about 20minutes at sea - and in the Medical Center at that.

We were scheduled to leave port at 4:30, but actually got away well after 9:30. 
Happy Tuesday, everyone, and it is so good to be at sea on a BHB, and settled in for the long haul!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good afternoon, all! We are on our way to Africa on the Zaandam at last!

We sailed down from Montreal - and did NOT have WIFI on that leg. Now we do, so we’re not running silent now! 

Sail away was late yesterday due to the sheer volume of luggage and stores. About 15 minutes out of port, there was a medical emergency and we turned around and came back to Port Everglades. A gentleman was offloaded on a stretcher and he and his luggage were whisked away in an ambulance. After all the preparation and hurdles to get on board, it’s so sad that his voyage lasted about 20minutes at sea - and in the Medical Center at that.

We were scheduled to leave port at 4:30, but actually got away well after 9:30. 
Happy Tuesday, everyone, and it is so good to be at sea on a BHB, and settled in for the long haul!

That is sad for the gentleman.

I sincerely hope it was not serious for him.

Graham.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

She called yesterday afternoon, turns out she has been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks.  I told her i would call after work last night, and she again didn't answer, but called back.  She was very confused, had no idea why she was in the hospital.  Told me that Barbara (our friend) had come by and given her a sandwich.  And then she said that's all she could say, and hung up.

I am so very sorry to hear about Shari 😢 I hope the doctors can help and you can soon find out more.  My prayers for her and you 🙏🏻 

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

I forgot to give an update on my 97 year old friend Frank.  He called last night and expects to get released from rehab today.  He said the staff at his rehab say they are amazed how well he has gotten back on his feet.   It is being in good shape for someone his age and his will to live.  Usually a broken hip at his age is at best ending up in a

nursing home for good.   Thank you for your prayers for him!   

That is excellent news indeed 👍 Happy to hear he is recovering well 😃 

6 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

I am so very sorry to hear this 😢 My condolences to his family and yours. I am glad they were able to be with him as painful as it was.  My prayers are with him, you and his family 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning.  The surgeon came by about 40 minutes ago, and said the surgery went well. 

I am so happy to hear this.  My prayers for quick, easy recovery and that the surgery solves his issues 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Alas, yes. And it seem that I have to replace my washing machine.

Yikes - the appliance gremlin has struck again 😬. Hope you can find one you like at a reasonable cost with little wait 🤞 

55 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just a quick update.  They brought DH to the room about 10:40. It might have been soon, but the other patient in recovery needed more attention, so they could not let one nurse leave until the patient was stable.  DH said most of the time he spent talking with the nurses.  He is more alert now, and we just finished lunch.

Better and better 👍 Glad that they are treating you well along with him.  It’s tough doing the waiting and the caring.

@Horizon chaser 1957I saw yesterday on CC there was a medical emergency.  So very sad. 😔 

Well it’s official - I’m carless again (or is that SUV-less).  Turns out it was connected to the original repair.  Front passenger coil spring and the SUV should not be driven.  As soon as I started to ask if this shouldn’t have been checked on both sides last time she interrupted nicely and said yes, they should have checked both sides with my report.  She already referred it to the manager and there will be no charge.  But, the part has to be ordered so we wait.  So much for the snow tires being put on this week 😔 

Now to figure out a way to get to Grief Counselling tomorrow.  All this week’s errands that I wanted to accomplish are now on hold.  DAM 😡 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7