Saturday November 18th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good Morning to All!!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  I do like apple cider in small doses, grew up with Mickey Mouse and was a frequent visitor to Disneyland as I lived close.  I AM a Princess - LOL!!  When I worked in Riyadh, I had to have a driver and sit in the back seat.  The windows were tinted and I always said I felt like a Princess being driven to the places I wanted to go.  After the explanation of the quote, I understand it now.  I have never been a fan of the meal so I will pass, the drink sounds yummy, no on the wine (white), and have never been to the port. Went to St. Peter's Basilica 2 years ago and it is amazing.  Do miss Walt and his movies from back then.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels on your way to AZ!!  We have had some rain and the humidity is up there (~85% right now) but we will get up to low 70s today (presently it is 62F) with a slight chance of rain.  The Tour de Tucson is today - a 102 mile bicycle race.  This is the 40th year, I think.  And there was a tragedy in our Flowing Wells family.  A 9yo was killed at one of the elementary schools after a metal gate fell on them.  Some reports say it was a girl but others a boy.  It is so sad.

Today is "it is getting real" day - straightening things, packing, etc.  The young man who "watches" Martina will be coming to get the key this weekend.  I have a list of things to do day by day.  I always make lists but never stick to them!!  LOL!!

Many, many thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

image.jpeg.30002d59585793943a030e7b412267a4.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 12

Good morning everyone.   A beautiful chilly morning here in SW Michigan.   Thanks for the daily and Fleet Reports each day.   Cider is out of season now so I will pass and the other two do little for me.   Today's quote by O'Henry is perfect for people returning to their decorated homes.   First thing I do at dusk is light the blue lights and swans out front.   St. Peter's Cathedral is a beautiful place.  I have had butter chicken in the Lido  before, yummy.   I will pass on the cocktail but today's wine sounds lovely.  Ann I will try to email you some suggestions for the future maybe later today, we are heading on a road trip. 

Prayers for Vanessa @JazzyV.   I hope you have been able to get some decent sleep.   @smitty34877 thanks for you sharing your journey after the passing of your DH, I am glad yesterday was better.  Continued prayers for Tana.    Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Israel, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.   Prayer for the families of the hostages, more being found dead now, just tragic.  

@Cruise Suzy   Bon Voyage!   🍾   

image.png.d405c7a39c996d154893eda223eb94b0.png

We are going on a nice long drive in the shiny sunny day pickup today.   It is beautiful but cold.   Lots of prep work completed yesterday for Thanksgiving so that it a relief.  Have a lovely Saturday!   Nancy 

St. Peters.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Bon Voyage @Cruise Suzy.  Have a great time and a WONDERFUL cruise!

IMG_1665.jpeg.e89ab3bd282f93c0f12366c176167ead.jpeg

I’m sorry I don’t have your email/address @Suslor.  Forgive me for posting here but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your thoughtfulness & kind donation.  Thank you so much. ♥️ 

Thanks Jacqui @kazu. As I told Cindy although I did not have the pleasure of knowing Jose I learned much about him from your posts and was honored to be able to watch his memorial service on zoom. I’m sure the fund will continue his good work. Susan

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

I got to sleep easily last night, but woke up at 3:00 am and didn't get back to sleep until after 5:00 am.  I had to get up and walk around the house a bit to work out the back issues.  A little Aspercreme helped as well.  

Not much on the agenda for today.  I think I'll work on my quilt a bit.  I have a Zoom meeting at 2:00 pm and then need to start dinner for tonight's Farkel party.  DB Bill had to work last night, so we are getting together tonight.  

I've never had Butter Chicken, but I think I need to have it.  The recipe sounds wonderful.  You can easily control the heat in this dish and still enjoy the rest of the flavors.  https://cafedelites.com/butter-chicken/

butterchicken1.thumb.jpg.1190f65d37382251e1e5226977869e96.jpg

I'd put this over riced cauliflower to control the carbs.  This next one looks involved, but it does give you the equivalents of the seasonings to make it easy.  https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/butter-chicken/

butterchicken2.thumb.jpg.8b12aa30cd836de2d3c8b4637c85516b.jpg

This last one has all easy to find ingredients.  https://www.recipetineats.com/butter-chicken/

butterchicken3.thumb.jpg.a820d11d49b72fbf16b00dffb167ebe8.jpg

If  you can't find garam masala in the grocery store, here is a recipe for making the spice blend.  

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/142967/easy-garam-masala/

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 14

2 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Health issues continue here.  DH Bill continuing with cipro for urinary tract pain.  Seems to be getting better but what worries me is that DH had pain also in October when I was away with DS Karen.   Because urgent care doctor said to go directly to hospital emergency if this happens again I am worried.  Dr implied other conditions may be impacting urinary tract.  Speaking of DS Karen - she has been hospitalized for the past two nights with stomach pains.  Tests are clear but pain continues.  It never seems to end!  

So sorry to hear of the issues continuing, Katherine 😞 Hopefully everything is resolved very quickly 🙏 

• Like 21

Good chilly and cloudy morning. I went to a local church Christmas bazaar to get some cookies, they make the best sand tarts and assorted cookies. Also, got some catnip mice for the kids.

This afternoon we plan to go to a drive thru turkey dinner at a fire company in Stevens , Lancaster county. The meal is by donation only, I’m sure the fireman’s boot will be overflowing.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists

• Like 22

Had a good but exhausting day yesterday, but the movers got it all in!  Granddaughter and her fiancé were here all day working hard, literally doing the heavy lifting, so so so glad they could!  No way I could keep up with them so I’d take a break and point at things. They were so cheerful to help.  Kitchen, beds and some bath basics are set up but nearly everything done yesterday will need rearranging… in due time. Had a lovely supper in the dining room with the kids, then collapsed into my own bed!  Slept till 5:30!  
Today the cable guy is expected. The only other thing on the agenda is a soak in the hot tub!  Maybe some groceries today but haven’t thought that far ahead. Everything aches but we’re ok, resting up today for the next push with other granddaughter and her husband tomorrow. One day at a time. 

@smitty34877 Smooth travels as you absorb changes. Happy for you that you are heading to your son’s. @Quartzsite Cruiser Smooth travels west!  
@cat shepard Thank you Ann!  

Blessings to all in need to healing, relief, path forward, strength, comfort or hope!  Especially those suffering in war zones. 
Yay for all celebrating, Life is Good!  
Smooth travels to all away!  Enjoy it all!  
Maureen 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Don't drink apple cider, but plenty do and I'll celebrate their day; Mickey Mouse and princesses are worthy of a day.

I think the quote is beyond me; pass on the drink; would try the meal & the wine; not been to the port.

The days in history certainly each made significant contributions in their own ways.

Picked up new glasses yesterday; they feel good - driving will be the test. Also yesterday was a trip to Dr for DH and I - he has bronchitis, I have a viral gastro thing. That took half the day, so I have some work to finish today as well as starting to pack for the cruise. Gut needs to cooperate - I leave Tuesday. 

Craving CFA, but not allowed for a few days til I can return to normal diet.

Currently 59° and sunny headed to 68°; still no rain on flight day.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all!Screenshot_20231118-090950_Weather.thumb.jpg.2a8bddaf24e66714fa93799c88598d4f.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good early morning,

I had trouble sleeping last night but I don't feel bad this morning. DGS has his 6th bday party with friends today. It is at one of those jumping places. DGD is to young and to small so we will hang out together. I have organized some of my squirrel piles and hope to get them in a suitcase later today or tomorrow. 

Have a great weekend. 

Happy 6th birthday to your grandson.

Screenshot_20231118_162001.jpg

• Like 14

Good morning all!

We have an interesting sky this morning.  Looks like a sunny morning but I know rain is in the forecast.

Novembersunrise.jpg.3e1dd1f33b0ad5e661b0a027a314e8a3.jpg

I like apple cider once in awhile, DDIL worked for Disney as an Imagineer and always said she "worked for the Mouse".  I feel like a princess when we sail on a BHB!  I'll pass on the meal and drink, but am sure I would like the wine.  Have not been to the port.

Today I need to work more on the Christmas shopping (online).  I have 1 person taken care of, lots more to do.  The cards are all addressed and ready to send in a few weeks.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I'm sorry to hear that you'll most likely cancel the cruise -- I was looking forward to meeting you.  I do understand though.  We're happy that Egypt was kept, we haven't been there since 2006 and would love to get back again.  I dreamed about Egypt last night LOL.

Bon Voyage @Cruise Suzy!

@Lady Hudson I'm so sorry to hear that your DH and DS are dealing with health issues.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels to AZ!

@Haljo1935 Very sorry to hear your DH has bronchitis and you're dealing with viral gastrointestinal issues.  Hope you both feel better soon.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I like apple cider, especially when it's spiced up with cinnamon and cloves.  Who doesn't like Mickey Mouse; he's the guy who started it all!  I'm especially lucky because I have a DH who makes me feel like a princess every day.  The quote is interesting, but I usually turn the outside lights on before we go out in the evening so we don't have to come home in the dark.

Clear blue skies this morning and we're currently sitting at a temp of +1 (33F) with an expected high of +10 (50) again today.  I say again because we had that as our daily high yesterday, which was absolutely lovely.  DH and I finally got the lights up on the house - after going up and down the ladder at least eleventeen times each, and putting up with electrical issues (a timer that gave up the ghost), they are up and working properly.  Now it can snow as much as it wants, the outside jobs are done.

@smitty34877safe travels as you go to visit your DS for a week - hopefully you'll be able to really relax there and catch your breath without having to take care of others.  You'll be able to take care of you for a change.  I'm sure everyone at home will be fine, and if not, they know emergency numbers, right?

@Lady Hudson sorry to hear your DH is still having issues; I hope he can get some relief for his pain.  And your DS as well - at least she's in the hospital where they can figure out the source of her pain.

@Cruise Suzy Bon Voyage!!

Just a few groceries to be purchased this morning - currently there's a shortage of sugar . . . who could have predicted that!?! - as the Rogers Sugar company employees are on strike for better wages and benefits.  We do have a secondary company (Redpath) who supplies some stores, so those wanting to do serious Christmas baking will be making their way to those places even if they don't normally shop there.  I've got a couple of 2kg pkgs in the storage room, so we'll be good until the new year at least.

I'm going to give the drink of the day a pass, as well as the wine, but oh, how I love a good Indian Butter Chicken!!!  Possibly the best we've ever had was at a teeny little restaurant in Tokyo just around the corner from our DS and DDIL's apartment.  It only seated 8 patrons and the elderly Indian gentleman proprietor did everything from cooking to washing dishes.   We won't be having that for our dinner this evening, but will have something simple like rotisserie chicken (from our grocery run), green beans and a side salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Dailyites, and many thanks to everyone who posts, @smitty34877, I'm happy to hear you are going to be able to get away for a week, pizza will be good for the family while you're away!  Jacqui, I had a dream last night about "stuff", I have so much old family stuff that I know DD will just toss or sell when I'm gone, I really need to find homes for it all with family members who will treasure it the way I do.  But I procrastinate.  Graham, where are you now?!!

We like butter chicken;  we usually just buy the three-packs of butter chicken sauce at Costco, and I brown some chicken thighs and put the sauce over, then add a lot of cauliflower florets near the end of cooking the chicken.  I love a lot of cauliflower in the dish.  DD made a batch of a vegetable curry last night in her instapot, and I did saffron rice, as I had bought some lovely saffron in the market in Malaga, so we won't have butter chicken tonight..  

It looks like we are going to have a nice day here, although rain is forecast.  At least the reservoir went up a bit while we were away, from 64% to 70%.  Most of the leaves are down on the oaks that surround us, and soon we may see a bit of the Olympics.  There are a lot of evergreens in the way. though, which obstruct the view throughout the year.  We are going to go for coffee with a neighbour in a little while, so I had better get going.  

I warned Pat yesterday that we would start putting up the Christmas lights on the 25th - our strata gives  us just a month before and a month after Christmas to decorate outside.  I probably would just wait and put them up later, but thems the rules!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 28

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  

I know I am late to the table so to speak, but safe travels to @smitty34877 and @Quartzsite Cruiser this week! 

@seagarsmoker I was very saddened by your news yesterday.  I seem to have worked for companies that told me that I was expendable the day of the layoff, not two weeks before,  Guess they want you to take any vacation you have earned before you leave, so that they don't have to pay that out.

I live in a brick ranch which gets great sun during the day in the den.  Furnando has taken to lizard watching as they warm themselves on the bricks by the windows.  During the afternoon, the bricks heat up enough this time of year to create a warmth so that we can open the windows for a few hours everyday.  

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks all! 

@smitty34877 I am glad you are starting to feel like yourself,  it takes a lot of time.  Hope you have a nice visit with your DS.   They say a change is as good as a rest, I think you need both! 

@seagarsmoker I was very sorry to hear your news. I am hoping there will be something much better! 

@Seasick Sailor Oliver looks so cute!  Enjoy your cruise.  

@Cruising-along what a beautiful sky!  Sorry you too are affected by the changes in itinerary. 

We too got the expected Israel port change letter this morning.  I am beginning to think we will never get there after trying for several years.  HAL cancelled one because of the pandemic, this year we had to cancel due to medical and move to next year.   And sigh,  rinse and repeat.  

Some good news, yesterday DS welcomed a new grand puppy.  She looks lovely and we’ll meet her later today.

On the subject of Christmas lights, we invested in permanent lights last year.  They are truly amazing, can be programmed in hundreds of variations.  Well worth the cost to not have DH climbing a ladder.   My DF fell when I was a young girl and that had a big effect on our family.  So I am so very relieved to not have this worry. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning - or what is left of it. Chilly and cloudy this morning with rain predicted for this afternoon and evening and maybe rain/snow mix for tomorrow. Dog are not going to be happy. I went to the store early this morning and managed to secure everything that I need for the next week or so. It was not crowded. I got the making for a number of soups and stews which sound really good right now. The forecasts show our temperatures dropping.

I did get my hair done yesterday so that is done until just before I leave for the cruise. The lawn people did make it in the afternoon although the trees are still stubbornly holding onto their leaves. They will probably all come down today and will just have to wait until Spring for a real cleanup. And, to add to our confusion, "they" are putting in fiber optic cable and there is orange and yellow paint all over the driveway and on the rocks in the decorative garden and even more annoying... large holes dug into the lawn. They carefully covered the holes with traffic cones but the deer are knocking those about. I hope nobody breaks an ankle - including the deer. It is hunting season and our yard seems to be one of the local refuge spots. And I am not in the mood to pooper scoop after deer. I will be glad to get away the end of December. Being taken care of on a BHB sounds wonderful.

Susan

• Like 24

Good day all. We have a glorious sun shiny day, going up to 45f this afternoon and will stay mild and above freezing for several days. We had a hard frost last night but there was nothing left in the garden or flower beds to freeze. The last of the endive is rooted in sand in the shed. With luck we will have salad from the garden until December. 

safe travels to those on the road. Prayers for those needing them. A shout out to those celebrating.

• Like 21

Good afternoon from an overcast Miami.

We were going to go on a sightseeing boat ride but the weather changed our minds,

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for all the information on this thread and keeping us up to date.

I am not a big fan of Apple Cider but will have a bit.

I am, however, a big fan of Mickey Mouse.   Have been to Disneyworld many times.  

I was never a Princess.  Never will be.

The quote is interesting and thank you to @0106 for the explanation.

I will pass on the food and drink for today.

I have not been to the Quebec.  We have a trip planned for next summer, God willing.

Prayers for those on the cares list.

@JazzyV I hope you start to get some relief from that leg pain.

@lazey1 prayers that you start to feel better

@marshhawk Annie, I hope your pulmonary issues begin to resolve.

Prayers for everyone here and their loved ones who are ill and suffering.

@Cruise Suzy BON VOYAGE!

@smitty34877 So happy you are going to visit DS and taking some time for yourself.  The best thing you can do for yourself right now.

@RMLincoln Glad you are in your new digs.  Hope it doesn’t take you too long to get settled.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels back to Arizona in that new Motorhome.

Prayers for Baby Murphy as she continues to hold her own.

@seagarsmokerHope you find some employment that you are happy with in the near future.

We are spending a quiet day.  Jim seems more tired than I expected.  I am kind of tired myself after doing all the driving for two days.  So we will wait for another time for the boat ride,.

Just chilling out today.

Will be happy to board the ship tomorrow.

Prayers for everyone and 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like apple cider; when I used to drive a friend to VA in the fall, I'd stop and get apple cider at roadside stands. Mickey Mouse is fun, and at Disney all girls can feel like princesses. Not sure of the context of the quote. I love butter chicken, and have a "healthier" recipe. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Baie Comeau. Good days; appropriate that Mickey Mouse day and the release of Steamboat Willie coincide. St. Peter's Basilica is not to be missed on a trip to Vatican City.

It's sunny here, but only 48F. I'm very sleepy, since I only slept about 2.5 hours. I tried to make a grocery list for curbside pickup, but a few things I wanted couldn't be bought curbside (a bag of oranges. Why not?). So I went out first thing to the store, before the hordes appeared. Although I had a lot of pain this morning, I'm feeling somewhat better this afternoon. Maybe the increased dose of Gabapentin is doing something. BFF is having our UK friends to his house to watch the away hockey game; I'm not sure I'm up to joining in.

@StLouisCruisers Sorry about the itinerary changes; necessary but still disappointing. 

@kazu Good luck finishing up your outdoor work.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels to Quartzsite! 

@Lady Hudson Katherine, I'm sorry for your worries about DH's urinary tract pain. And oh no on DS Karen being in the hospital; I hope they get to the bottom of her stomach pains.

@0106 Thanks for putting O Henry's quote in context.

@cat shepard Nice of your friends to bring dinner to your place.

@smitty34877 Enjoy your getaway to see DS and take the time to relax. I'm sure the rest of the family will do a good job in your absence. I'm glad that you are starting to have some better days again.

@Seasick Sailor You've been busy! Your big trip is almost here. Aww, look at cute Oliver.

@Nickelpenny Very sad about the 9yo. 

@RMLincoln I'm glad all your stuff is there, and the grandkids were able to help. I'm sure it's exhausting and it will take a while to figure out what goes where. 

@Haljo1935 I hope both you and DH feel better soon - you've got a cruise to go on!

@marshhawk I hope you're feeling a bit better, and the oxygen issue gets straightened out.

@bennybear I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting the newest member of the family.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear you won't have your boat ride. But you're getting on a bigger "boat" tomorrow! You and Jim can relax and rest on the ship.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6