Friday November 24th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily Reports @richwmn.  Family health history is a good one for the day after Thanksgiving after all of us at dinner yesterday were over 40 and of course talk about our ailments.     I guess my unique talent would be nurturing plants from seedlings.  I can tell in this group everyone has some unique talents that we celebrate each day.   DB Cooper can have his day too I guess.   A quote that basically describes every day for every person.  Pass on the salmon, the bitter cocktail but today's wine from Chile looks like a winner.  @summer slope, @cat shepardand @dfish thanks for researching this for us each day. 

@JazzyV thanks so much for keeping the cares and celebrations reports each day, especially after I day where I really couldn't check in yesterday we can see how everyone is doing.   I hope that you had a good day yesterday.   So happy to see many more celebrations today!   Prayers for everyone on our care list, the hostages and the people in war zones, Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.  

Bon Voyage to @Himself  @Seasick Sailor and @Niagarawine!  

image.png.f335d3b86063831c7fc9fcc774f3ef03.png

We had a lovely Thanksgiving and the turkey turned out great.   Two of my three throwback appetizers turned out great with the Kettle potato chips with  topped with cream cheese mixture and a slice of smoked salmon were a real hit.   No shopping for me today, I may go to the pharmacy to pick up some prescriptions that have been there for a little too long.   John signed us up for luggage forward for a bag each though all I can think of was when @lindaler spent Grand South America with no shipped baggage arriving.   Linda, I remember running in to you in Manta and again in the Caribbean heading back to the ship with a newly purchased suitcase.  I hope your Hawaii South Pacific cruise was wonderful.   @rafinmd I hope that you had a great Sunfarer cruise.   @kazuthinking of you today in remembrance of Jose's birthday.   Gary's was February 28th and I remember that one much more than the bad ones April 1 and April 26.  Have a lovely day!   Nancy 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!

Computer says its 47.  Not really going to warm up that much.  We do not shop on Black Friday, I am even dreading going out for essentials.  

Dinner yesterday was good.  I have gotten to the stage, that my steak is cut in half to either end up in another dish, or given to the outdoor cat.  (Bubbles loves steak).  The baked potato was cut in half too.  I did go back for seconds on the creamed onions, and corn pudding souffle.  The left over baked potato becomes home fries.

And yes, you were right.  Walgreens did decide not to be open yesterday, but Dollar Tree was open.  So who knows about what is in their detergent, but it got done.

@RedneckBob  Is Sam the alligator?  Your pet?  

@ger_77Thanks for the info on the sandwich.

Am I missing something?  I see no pictures of @dfish and family.  Are they here and I don't see the, or are they somewhere else? 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  I have training tomorrow, and DH goes back to work tomorrow, so today is our day off, and I see sunshine outside!

• Like 24

Good morning. It is forty and sunny in New Hampshire. The family is off doing a  5K Turkey Trot and the puppy and I are resting up for the next round of activity. I am driving home tomorrow and look forward to seeing my NY family.

@kazu,Jacqui, hugs to you on this day. I am glad you will be with your BFF.

@VictOriann, a very Happy Anniversary to you and Pat!

and Bon Voyage to @Seasick Sailor, @Himself and @Niagarawine!

I don’t bother with Black Friday and will instead help with Christmas Decorations.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!

Computer says its 47.  Not really going to warm up that much.  We do not shop on Black Friday, I am even dreading going out for essentials.  

Dinner yesterday was good.  I have gotten to the stage, that my steak is cut in half to either end up in another dish, or given to the outdoor cat.  (Bubbles loves steak).  The baked potato was cut in half too.  I did go back for seconds on the creamed onions, and corn pudding souffle.  The left over baked potato becomes home fries.

And yes, you were right.  Walgreens did decide not to be open yesterday, but Dollar Tree was open.  So who knows about what is in their detergent, but it got done.

@RedneckBob  Is Sam the alligator?  Your pet?  

@ger_77Thanks for the info on the sandwich.

Am I missing something?  I see no pictures of @dfish and family.  Are they here and I don't see the, or are they somewhere else? 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  I have training tomorrow, and DH goes back to work tomorrow, so today is our day off, and I see sunshine outside!

It’s my pet. I call it Sam cause I can’t tail if it male or female and I am not going to look to find out. This way it could be a Sam or a Samantha.

• Like 9
  • Haha 13

Good Morning,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.   The hotel breakfast was not appealing in the least, they usually do better.  We went to the Route 30 Diner near Lancaster and had a good, large breakfast for a very good price.  I'd like to say no shopping today but we are taking the grandkids Christmas shopping,  it should be fun. I found a Lego that DH wants and is hard to get. It's ordered and that determined which Target we are going to.

I'm not sure what's for dinner but I know I'm not cooking so that's good to me. Yesterday's visit with DM, the good sister and our nephew was good. I got DS an advent wine calendar and it was a hit.

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

• Like 27

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

Haljo1935 with gastro issue and her DH with bronchitis

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Heartgrove testing positive for Covid post cruise

Dobiemom with sinus issues

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

Mamaofami’s DH Sam recovering after several hospitalizations

Cruising-along’s DBIL with prostate cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Himself!

Bon Voyage Niagarawine!

Bon Voyage Seasick Sailor!

Happy 61st Wedding Anniversary Vict0riann (Ann and Pat)

Happy Heavenly/Angel Birthday to Kazu’s DD DH Josẻ

Rafinmd debarking Rotterdam; auto-train home on Tuesday

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

Haljo1935 in Rome prior to cruise

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) back in Quartzsite with the new motorhome!

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Av8rix (Koningsdam Nov 25 to Jan 6) 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday

2 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Nov 26 to Dec 10) 14n Passage to America, celebrating tk cruiser’s birthday onboard

GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself (Rotterdam to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer, Niagarawine(Rotterdam to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer,  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

Wow, so many on cruises or going on cruises, I maybe the only person posting on this thread. Wait, I am going on a cruise too in nine days so you can scratch RNB.

• Like 18
  • Haha 4

Good morning from Quartzsite where the sun is beginning to make an appearance.  It is 51F and feels like 49F.  There is a 7mph wind from the south.  The humidity is 77% which is high for the desert, and the dew point is 44F which is also high.  It will be sunny today with a predicted high of 67F.  With the sun it should not be too bad outside.  It is the time of year when our highs are in the mid to upper 60s with a couple of days in the 70s.  Historically, December is the coldest month here.

This year, we have done some on-line Black Friday shopping, but for things we need here.  It was nice to get some of them at a better price like the battery powered cork screw.  You can see where my talent is too.  I like to support local businesses, but the only local shopping here is the vendors who come to town for the winter.  We are supporting the local business that does mechanical work with the purchase of a new HVAC system.

In this house though, to day is ORANGE FRIDAY.  Today is the last regular season football game for the Texas Longhorns.  🤘  They play the Texas Tech Red Raiders in Austin beginning at 6:30 CST.  We hope it really will be Black Friday for Tech.

Knowing your family's health history, and I am fortunate to know the health history of my parents and grandparents.  My father even made sure I had his medical history for the last 16 years of his life.  We keep most of our medical records.  Other than wine drinking, I'm not sure what my talents are.  D. B. Cooper left an intriguing and enduring mystery behind, but I'll not celebrate what he did.

The quote is interesting and true to some extent.

I like salmon and greens, but I don't think I want them cooked in the slow cooker.  Tonight it will be hamburgers and potato chips as we watch the game.  We'll pass on the drink.  The wine sounds nice.

We've been to South Africa twice, but not to East London.

1639 the observation of the transit of Venus was important event in astronomy.

The discovery of Tasmania in 1642 was important in the exploration of the world.

Charles Darwin certainly upset the way people looked at animals and people with the publication of On the Origin of Species.

@puppycanducruise  I hope the snow melts and you and Bertie can have a long, safe walk.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I loved the meme of the Meerkats.

@rafinmd  Welcome back to the US.  Safe travels home.

@cat shepard  Glad to see Christmas trees going up.  Normally, I would be putting our tree up today, but I haven't dug the tree out from under things in the shed.  Hopefully tomorrow.

@RedneckBob  RNB your pond looks lovely.  I hope Sam keeps his distance.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the good memories out weigh the sadness on this the anniversary of Jose's birth.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, enjoy your dinner with your family.

@ger_77  Gerry, be careful on that ladder.

387067283_795668965693847_1544197167565322449_n.jpg.5da13515a934831e8d56d9ae523be6df.jpg

402098204_798424632086072_5672180366810684797_n.thumb.jpg.a9a0bdc61ee3f0b37699110d798cd640.jpg

402640620_10163290337623378_9157551957664234703_n.thumb.jpg.1f88ab2c0b7f3faa7a38c25a0073df81.jpg

360083062_650125740498586_8203095850943904602_n.jpg.357bd86715808589f5c26a4238d5852e.jpg

402901760_10160744210991704_8914353760811264263_n.jpg.bc5312f76573922e523c242096748439.jpg

403139698_913395350583270_5782545981929637853_n.thumb.jpg.7ce2f1d7c789eb0013a563bf9e64e853.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 18

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from Quartzsite where the sun is beginning to make an appearance.  It is 51F and feels like 49F.  There is a 7mph wind from the south.  The humidity is 77% which is high for the desert, and the dew point is 44F which is also high.  It will be sunny today with a predicted high of 67F.  With the sun it should not be too bad outside.  It is the time of year when our highs are in the mid to upper 60s with a couple of days in the 70s.  Historically, December is the coldest month here.

This year, we have done some on-line Black Friday shopping, but for things we need here.  It was nice to get some of them at a better price like the battery powered cork screw.  You can see where my talent is too.  I like to support local businesses, but the only local shopping here is the vendors who come to town for the winter.  We are supporting the local business that does mechanical work with the purchase of a new HVAC system.

In this house though, to day is ORANGE FRIDAY.  Today is the last regular season football game for the Texas Longhorns.  🤘  They play the Texas Tech Red Raiders in Austin beginning at 6:30 CST.  We hope it really will be Black Friday for Tech.

Knowing your family's health history, and I am fortunate to know the health history of my parents and grandparents.  My father even made sure I had his medical history for the last 16 years of his life.  We keep most of our medical records.  Other than wine drinking, I'm not sure what my talents are.  D. B. Cooper left an intriguing and enduring mystery behind, but I'll not celebrate what he did.

The quote is interesting and true to some extent.

I like salmon and greens, but I don't think I want them cooked in the slow cooker.  Tonight it will be hamburgers and potato chips as we watch the game.  We'll pass on the drink.  The wine sounds nice.

We've been to South Africa twice, but not to East London.

1639 the observation of the transit of Venus was important event in astronomy.

The discovery of Tasmania in 1642 was important in the exploration of the world.

Charles Darwin certainly upset the way people looked at animals and people with the publication of On the Origin of Species.

@puppycanducruise  I hope the snow melts and you and Bertie can have a long, safe walk.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I loved the meme of the Meerkats.

@rafinmd  Welcome back to the US.  Safe travels home.

@cat shepard  Glad to see Christmas trees going up.  Normally, I would be putting our tree up today, but I haven't dug the tree out from under things in the shed.  Hopefully tomorrow.

@RedneckBob  RNB your pond looks lovely.  I hope Sam keeps his distance.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the good memories out weigh the sadness on this the anniversary of Jose's birth.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, enjoy your dinner with your family.

@ger_77  Gerry, be careful on that ladder.

387067283_795668965693847_1544197167565322449_n.jpg.5da13515a934831e8d56d9ae523be6df.jpg

402098204_798424632086072_5672180366810684797_n.thumb.jpg.a9a0bdc61ee3f0b37699110d798cd640.jpg

402640620_10163290337623378_9157551957664234703_n.thumb.jpg.1f88ab2c0b7f3faa7a38c25a0073df81.jpg

360083062_650125740498586_8203095850943904602_n.jpg.357bd86715808589f5c26a4238d5852e.jpg

402901760_10160744210991704_8914353760811264263_n.jpg.bc5312f76573922e523c242096748439.jpg

403139698_913395350583270_5782545981929637853_n.thumb.jpg.7ce2f1d7c789eb0013a563bf9e64e853.jpg

Lenda

Ms Crystal,

I know things are bigger in Texas but my pond is a Lake! 😀 But if we continue with our drought next year you can call it a pond!

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, dfish said:

@kazu Warm thoughts and hugs to you today on Jose's birthday.  Did he like cake?  What kind was his favorite?

Jose wasn’t a big cake eater but he did love my Black Forest Cake.  Otherwise he preferred a Spanish caramel, Dulche de Leche, apple crisp and banana bread for non special occasions.  He never rarely ate any desert at night though.  He saved them for the morning with coffee.  😇 

29 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Truer words were never spoken, Lenda 😂 

• Like 23

Good morning everyone and happy belated Thanksgiving, yesterday was an action packed day of enjoying family, eating and drinking.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  It’s good to know your family health history so hopefully history won’t repeat itself.  Not sure that I have any talents unique enough to celebrate.  DB Cooper is one of those unsolved mysteries, could he have been attacked by Sasquatch upon landing?  The meal sounds delicious but I’ll pass on the drinks. I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today and bon voyage to our friends from the daily thread!

• Like 25

Currently at a Panera killing time before heading to the hotel.  Checkin is at 3 and I’ll arrrice early afternoon but nowhere near this early.  On an IPAD but at least one with a keyboard so it’s a bit easier than hunt and peck with a finger.

Roy

• Like 28

Good morning on a cold and cloudy morning in Durango. I am early since for some reason I did not sleep well last night. If I can manage to stay awake all day and take no naps I should get a really good night in tonight.

Weather forecast is for a high of 32F today and snow... like between 4 and 8 inches of it in town. We usually get a bit more at my condo since I am in the northeast corner of town tucked up against a glacial moraine which seems to hold the cold in place.  The dogs are not going to be happy and the
Chihuahua will be discussing a move to Mexico. When we walked this morning I could see both mountain ranges and in both the La Platas and San Juans the higher peaks were white. Guess it is coming. Driving warnings are out for all the passes and our local ski area is expecting over a foot .... they are thrilled.

Lenda.... the comment on the house is so true and right now while I am sorting and also starting to pack for the cruise in January, mine is worse than usual. Hope no one drops by. I may just not answer the door.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 22
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Jose wasn’t a big cake eater but he did love my Black Forest Cake.  Otherwise he preferred a Spanish caramel, Dulche de Leche, apple crisp and banana bread for non special occasions.  He never rarely ate any desert at night though.  He saved them for the morning with coffee.  😇 

I always preferred pies.  By the time my birthday came around we had had so many cakes.  Birthday season was March 11 to May 11.  Way too many cakes in a short period of time.

Jose had good taste and I love his idea of dessert with morning coffee.  Sounds like time for some apple cranberry dump cake.

@marshhawk the pictures of the family are on the Thursday Daily.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the well wishes. Our boarding time was 11 and we were 3rd to board. A young man came over and asked if we wanted to board! Oh yeah please!

4 crew members from last year came and gave us hugs. One of our favorites Emmanuel is on board and he has his wife working in Half Moon!

A tiny change to check into our muster station first, then on to the rest.

The just called our cabins ready so will read the Daily later

Pinnacle dinner tonight. 

• Like 28

Good morning all!

Our plan is to stay off the roads today.  With the many shopping outlets near us, the roads and stores are always packed on Black Friday.  We don't have any need anyway, most of our shopping was done online.  

I do know the family health on my DM's side.  Diabetes ran rampant and still does.  Every generation.  It hasn't hit our children's generation, but they're still in their 40's.  Family curse I guess. I have a few talents, but none of them are really unique, and I won't be celebrating D.B. Cooper.  I would like the salmon without the turnips and chard, will pass on the drink and red wine.  Have not been to the port.  

I hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday.  We had a very nice afternoon with DS and DDIL, just the 4 of us and the pups.  I think it was the first time we've had time together just the 4 of us since they moved here from CA last year.  Very nice!  And DDIL is such a good cook, I loved every bite -- especially nice because I didn't make a thing!  We'll be enjoying left overs tonight. 🙂  

Debbie @dfish My tradition (after my dear Dad) is a piece of pie for breakfast the morning after.  I just haven't decided yet if it will be pumpkin or apple. 😉  

Bon Voyage to @Himself, @Niagarawine and @Seasick Sailor!

Happy Anniversary @Vict0riann!

Jacqui @kazu Happy Heavenly Birthday to your dear Jose.  I'm glad you will be with your BFF today.

Debbie @dfish I love that you'll have 3 Christmas trees.  We always have had 2.  It seems so strange to not be decorating this year!!  I've always loved decorating for Christmas.  We'll need photos, of course!

My Grand-pups getting their Thanksgiving treat.  

RogueandPepperThanksgiving2023.thumb.jpg.fc9bcaaff8924b1659f36cdfd45e46a3.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from the Pacific Ocean. Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

IMG_1527.thumb.jpeg.f24c6811236a5d13388a309f573176bd.jpeg

it is warmer today than yesterday. Went to the MDR for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a little disorganized but I had 6 very nice tablemates. And the food was delicious. 
IMG_1517.thumb.jpeg.9e47d48c9c2db8b5aa904cec890d63cb.jpeg

I am taking the Hulu and ukulele lessons but my long fingernails inhibit my playing well. Made a kukui bead necklace. And doing tai chi in the mornings. Have a great cruise so far. Went to a CC meet and great and a Mariner reception. 
IMG_1516.thumb.jpeg.22bb8f6510bec72c3072eaeec40b1023.jpeg

Thoughts for the world and I hope to hear the hostages have been release. Cheers to those sailing today, have anniversaries and birthdays. 
IMG_1518.thumb.jpeg.4b8c7ea77218351da3888dd6b765e2c9.jpeg

have a fantastic day today!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

A co-worker in Oregon, decades ago, was fascinated by D. B. Cooper.

The meal sounds really strange. I might like the drink, if I had cardamom bitters for it, and Fee Brothers, in Rochester, makes them. (Fee Brothers has an interesting history: founded by an Irish-Canadian family in 1854, originally a butcher shop, survived Prohibition by offering supplies and technical support for people to make wine at home.) For another Cabernet Sauvignon, let's try the just-released Dr. Frank's 2021. I have been to the original East London, the one in London, England; I stayed in Limehouse a few years ago when I had a lot of things to do in the East End.

For a long time I planned the programming at the synagogue for Evolution Weekend, which is the weekend nearest Darwin's birthday, February 12. It's now Religion and Science Weekend and I don't know whether there will be anything to commemorate it.

The hardware store offered me a Black Friday deal: $10 of $40, which I would consider if there were actually $40 worth of stuff that I needed to buy there.

seniorprom.jpg.5ea53a5e45021c141098b3f064bf720a.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 9

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday. I don’t shop Black Friday deals specifically but my email inbox is filled with offers. 

Yesterday’s Thanksgiving meal was great, although an hour behind because somehow Craig accidentally shut the grill vents instead of opening them and had to restart the fire. So even though it was behind I felt rushed when that happened. And for some reason my rolls fell, I think I over proofed them.  My DM didn’t hear a thing, we think she has stopped wearing her hearing aides. She has insisted on seeing a new hearing company after meeting the mother of one of the board of directors. That appointment is Monday so we will see. 

Bon Voyage to Joy and Allen @Seasick Sailor, @Niagarawine, and @Himself!  Joy, that’s amazing how quickly you got onboard. 

Happy Heavenly Birthday Jose. Jacqui @kazu, it’s good you will be with your BFF. 

Happy Anniversary @Vict0riann!

Linda @lindaler, your travel day sounded sooooo long!  Glad you are home. Are you still going on the Grand Australia cruise?

Pennie @Nickelpenny, thank you for your pictures and checking in with us. Enjoy!

Someone mentioned staying at the Wyndham Bayside, so just an FYI. Craig stayed there while I was in Coronado with my girlfriends and said that there was occasional noise coming from somewhere like it might be construction or remodeling although it wasn’t bad. Also, the rooms are in need of a redo, the carpet is old. All that said, it really is a convenient place to stay pre cruise and we are planning on staying there in January. We’ve stayed there for every San Diego departure. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3