P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Woke up in Florida to read the good news, yeah! Thanks Sharon 🎁. I’m certainly not a regular poster, but I check in regularly and it’s comforting to have updates from people you feel you know and pick up good tips into the bargain (eg Wordle was a 4 today for me!).

Long may Avril give sound, caring advice, Kalos, Andy and YorkshirePhil make me smile, Graham tempt me with his dining and Pauline make me feel I should smarten up 😉.  Apologies to the unmentioned regulars - I read you all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

But not the ones about your ears filling up with water :classic_ohmy:

That's a relief 🤣

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I was about 50 on our first cruise. 25 or so cruises later we pay extra not to get a dormitory cabin, especially a leaky one.

A worrying thing was a few people from here were in the same dormitory  😳

Thanks everyone, I'm sure the nerves will go and we'll enjoy it, we had better because I've already booked cruise#2.

Just need to get my back loosened up and working properly again plus lose 10lbs to fit into the dresses I bought 2 years ago for the cruise.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 5

I missed all the chat yesterday, but I’m pleased this thread is staying where it is, as I wouldn’t have followed it to The Pub, as I never go there.

I’ve been looking at the Cunard board as I’ve got a Cunard cruise coming up in May, and sometimes look at Fred and Saga. But P&O is where I’m comfortable, and visit here most days to look, even if I don’t post 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Well it’s 17 weeks today until my first cruise, I have been wanting to cruise since I was 15 and now I’m mid 50’s so it’s been a very long time coming! I am so looking forward to it but have started having stress dreams about it too 😳 Last night I dreamed I opened our cabin door and it was a dormitory, and when I lay down to sleep my ears filled with water 😂

I think my stress is not being helped by my back still causing me issues and I’m getting worried it will spoil a long awaited holiday. I’m seeing my osteopath more than my friends at the moment.

I’m also stressing about which insurance to go for and hoping that Norway doesn’t take Spain’s stance on offloading Covid cases and their close contacts to land based hotels.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, Norway was our first cruise with P & O on Oceana and we were hooked.

Not cruising until Oct on Azura, then Princess in May 2023 & Royal in August 2023.

We will all have lots to talk about when we all start cruising and traveling again 

Michelle

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Well it’s 17 weeks today until my first cruise, I have been wanting to cruise since I was 15 and now I’m mid 50’s so it’s been a very long time coming! I am so looking forward to it but have started having stress dreams about it too 😳 Last night I dreamed I opened our cabin door and it was a dormitory, and when I lay down to sleep my ears filled with water 😂

I think my stress is not being helped by my back still causing me issues and I’m getting worried it will spoil a long awaited holiday. I’m seeing my osteopath more than my friends at the moment.

I’m also stressing about which insurance to go for and hoping that Norway doesn’t take Spain’s stance on offloading Covid cases and their close contacts to land based hotels.

I learnt a long time ago that stressing about something that may not happen is a fruitless exercise. Take a deep breath Sarah and and focus on your lovely cruise that you've always dreamt of. All your decisions will have been made, and when you're relaxnig with a cocktail before dinner, you'll wonder why you ever worried at all.

Avril

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

4 for me. Started off with wrong vowels. 

Lots of chat about Wordle on the Claudia Winkleman show this morning !

Seems Olly Alexander is a big fan - who'd have thought it !

(Hands up all those who know who Olly Alexander is without using Google)

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

ots of chat about Wordle on the Claudia Winkleman show this morning !

He sang with It’s a Sin with Elton John -I think. 
Michelle

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Don't know who she is. DW watches the masked singer. When they take the mask of I still don't know who they are.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Don't know who she is. DW watches the masked singer. When they take the mask of I still don't know who they are.🤔

I don’t know some of them are with the mask off  either but others I do. I’m surprised at some of the people who agree to do it and how well some can actually sing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I read somewhere they're introducing below the water line backpacker class cabins.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Years and Years was exceptional. But then, so is Russell T Davies, and I’m looking forward to his return to Doctor Who after the dross of the current writing team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I learnt a long time ago that stressing about something that may not happen is a fruitless exercise. Take a deep breath Sarah and and focus on your lovely cruise that you've always dreamt of. All your decisions will have been made, and when you're relaxnig with a cocktail before dinner, you'll wonder why you ever worried at all.

Avril

Thank you Avril.

I am a worrier from a long line of worriers. My dad says when my Nan wasn't worrying about something  she would start worrying that she'd forgotton something importmant that she should be worrying about 🤣

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

OK, it can stay here. Just please keep off politics and Covid (unless cruising related) or I will lose leverage. 🙂

Thank you Sharon. I don’t post often, but I always read this thread and, like many others, it has helped keep me sane during the last two years. 

• Like 8

Thanks for saving the thread Sharon. I promise to avoid / post any sarcastic comments or silly cartoons that can be taken as political. Sometimes I don't automatically think political and just find something funny and share it 😞

If I stray please let me know asap everyone and I will delete asap before I get a good telling off from all of you 😉

PS Sorry to post late - been over to Wales today to check on our home from home. Ahh the fresh air and the sea breeze. Your little home from home looked ok too Pete 🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you Avril.

I am a worrier from a long line of worriers. My dad says when my Nan wasn't worrying about something  she would start worrying that she'd forgotton something importmant that she should be worrying about 🤣

This made me laugh - I am such a worrier. I once told Mr Presto that I was worried because things seemed so calm and I had nothing to worry about ! He rolled his eyes and told me to enjoy the moment while it lasted !!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3