Wednesday November 15th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

15 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Hello from Hamilton Ontario. We are gearing up for the Grey Cup here. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers against Montreal Louettes. I believe this is the first time these teams have met in this classic. The weather is cool and sunny. Carrie U Durwood is performing along with Green Day. I happen to live two streets away so I will be able to hear everything. Next week we will be on the Rotterdam after four years away from cruising.Niew Statendam was our last cruise and was outta standing. Rooting for Montreal to win ,have a good day,Kathy 

Welcome to the Daily.

I'm not sure who to root for but I hope it's a good game. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Welcome to the Daily.

I'm not sure who to root for but I hope it's a good game. 

I do too and thank you. It gets pretty rowdy on the weekend but we have a bus strike currently so maybe it will put a dent in the festivities and I meant Carrie Underwood. The cup is already here apparently.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We stopped at our destination of the day, Isafjordur, Iceland, in August 2022.  We took a tour to Vigur Bird Island, which has three inhabitants.  A married couple, along with their five year old son live on the island.  During the season they have puffins, but we only saw young chicks and one adult who flew by too fast to get a photo.  In addition to conducting tours of their island, the couple also generate eiderdown.  We were told the Eider duck is the largest sea duck.  The island also has a small windmill, which is the only one in Iceland, that was used to mill flour.  We ended our visit with coffee and a piece of cake that included rhubarb grown on the island.

Upon arrival to Isafjordur, we had this view from our balcony.

IMG_0482.thumb.jpeg.29b679c7baaa40a7383dc5bd5d9054b3.jpeg

This is the boat we took to Vigur Bird Island. 

DSC_9017.thumb.jpeg.01eb84ea4978c8d15be8d7070a1d9e6f.jpeg

One of several buildings on the island.

DSC_9025.thumb.jpeg.40f2511c72024f1815710193b6774f43.jpeg

DSC_9024.thumb.jpeg.d4e32b8145bdb928f13775f0b963c27f.jpeg

DSC_9021.thumb.jpeg.4a099eea05cdb560f5c6dde59be42ed5.jpeg

IMG_0475.thumb.jpeg.3ee8cc17101853a3e6a469523d7d878b.jpeg

IMG_0476.thumb.jpeg.642835864c5eac3587b0ff01aa9a3617.jpeg

IMG_0481.thumb.jpeg.5b2c92b5bcbf986d0dd81b8445349c77.jpeg

DSC_9047.thumb.jpeg.b1b112b17c9e0da99170cd6259f57313.jpeg

DSC_9036.thumb.jpeg.5ec067d44595c9e34679e851e522a361.jpeg

DSC_9040.thumb.jpeg.24b9dd1ad0a26a02db8519f56b5deb04.jpeg

This looks like an interesting different thing to do in Isafjordur.  Thanks for the totally different photos.

35 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I do recycle, in fact it's tomorrow. But they stopped taking glass, as it breaks and gets in the machinery. So we have a big recycle dumpster for glass only behind the borough building. I like bundt cakes but haven't made one in a long time. I will be looking in the fridge for anything spoiled, to go out in tomorrow's trash. Good quote. Probably pass on the meal (miso), yes to the drink and wine. I haven't been to Isafjordur.

Another nice day, sunny and 58F, going into the 60's. The weekend will be cold. I had a bit better night, with 4.5 hours sleep. My Apple watch said 2.5 but I know I got more, and the Fitbit was accurate. I'm doing laundry today, braving going up and down the steps. I was expecting a FedEx package, supposedly between 11-3, and of course they came early, when I was in the basement. I had to sign, as it's wine. My departed friend Ruth's Mother arrives this evening from the UK. I'll go with BFF to the airport; probably won't go inside due to my walking issues. 

@sailingdutchy @kochleffel @Vict0riann Welcome back and safe travels to your homes.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for your extensive photo collection!

@RedneckBob You calling us old? 😜

@Denise T I hope you like the new doctor.

@RMLincoln Safe travels north! You're beginning an exciting new chapter in your lives.

@Lady Hudson I hope DH Bill is feeling better soon.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Fancy motorhome, with satellite tv and remote control! Thanks for the Iceland photos. 

@smitty34877 Lovely photo ♥️.

@dfish I hope you get some good information at your appointment today. 

@marshhawk Sorry you're not feeling better. Is there any way to get seen by your PCP since the Pulmonologist cancelled your appointment?

@HAL4NOW Nice sunrise photos.

@Mtn2Sea Lovely photos.

@rafinmd Thanks for the sunrise. I hope you're feeling better.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

It's great you got a few more hours sleep.  I should get a Fitbit to help me determine the amount of sleep I get.  I'm sure it would come in handy in other ways too!  I hope you enjoy seeing DD Ruth's mother while she's in the States.  

35 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Hello from Hamilton Ontario. We are gearing up for the Grey Cup here. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers against Montreal Louettes. I believe this is the first time these teams have met in this classic. The weather is cool and sunny. Carrie U Durwood is performing along with Green Day. I happen to live two streets away so I will be able to hear everything. Next week we will be on the Rotterdam after four years away from cruising.Niew Statendam was our last cruise and was outta standing. Rooting for Montreal to win ,have a good day,Kathy 

Welcome to the Daily!  Hoping Montreal wins for your sake.  Sorry Winnipeg! 😉

34 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Duplicate post. I wondered why it said I had to wait 29 seconds before posting. Is CC acting up?

I think they don't allow posting twice within one minute.  It's happened to me once or twice.

28 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

First, thank you Melanie @puppycanducruise for the info about the Digestive Biscuits.  We had never seen them in our stores, but after looking it up, I see they are available at Walmart.  Thank you again @erewhon for the recipe!  They sound yummy, and a lot like (but maybe better) than our "Magic Cookie Bars".  I think I'll make your recipe for Christmas.  Who doesn't love Kit Kats?!

Every day is recycling day here.  We have a large bin that gets picked up every other week, and yard waste that gets picked up weekly.  A lot of mine goes into my compost bins and not into the yard waste. 

I have 2 bundt cake pans but haven't used them in years.  We don't eat a lot of cakes unless it's someone's birthday.  I do need to clean out the fridge, and should start doing that sooner than later before the cruise.

I love a strawberry daquiri, but will pass on the red wine.  The meal would be good if someone else made it for me. 😉  

@RedneckBob I too laughed at Bruce @aliaschief's remark that some of us may not get the Lucy comment.  Not this group. 🤣

Welcome home @Vict0riann, @sailingdutchy and @kochleffel!

We were in Isafjordur on the 2018 VOV.  We took a tour to the Westfjords and went to the old Viking village Thingeyri.  We went to an interactive museum where we had Icelandic Viking beer, wore authentic Viking clothing, and made bread.  Fun day!

Lovely drive to the Westfjords

Westfjords.jpg.929e47d140c58dc22361fd9c2b63777c.jpg

Some furs in the interactive museum

1921080364_fursinteractivemuseum.jpg.ad0444ccfca112871700b4d627bd8e1d.jpg

1063425786_interactivemuseum.jpg.44a0a5b69748d276d0ec47d4b5d60760.jpg

The museum was operated by a husband/wife team.  She sewed all the clothing, he made all the furniture and light fixtures.

1645949937_husbandwifeteamshesewedalltheclotheshemadeallthefurniture.thumb.jpg.ea9df37496d7683338408d8ae1f901c0.jpg

Icelandic Viking beer.  It was quite good!

982598579_IcelandicVikingbeer.jpg.b512a0704e4ad45670775bdbd9a7d5b2.jpg

We had some fun with the costumes.  

1575368834_MullerVikings.thumb.jpg.a651f30881a68ebd4acda9715cb2e99f.jpg

And I helped bake bread over a fire.

82623540_cookingbreadoverfire.thumb.jpg.ce39fcc076441decc9d4f2991da6a0c7.jpg

Nice tour on your VofV cruise!   More unique photos to enjoy.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I think they don't allow posting twice within one minute.  It's happened to me once or twice.

Sandi, that was the conundrum since I hadn't posted anything since the Care List, hours ago.

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I do recycle, in fact it's tomorrow. But they stopped taking glass, as it breaks and gets in the machinery. So we have a big recycle dumpster for glass only behind the borough building. I like bundt cakes but haven't made one in a long time. I will be looking in the fridge for anything spoiled, to go out in tomorrow's trash. Good quote. Probably pass on the meal (miso), yes to the drink and wine. I haven't been to Isafjordur.

Another nice day, sunny and 58F, going into the 60's. The weekend will be cold. I had a bit better night, with 4.5 hours sleep. My Apple watch said 2.5 but I know I got more, and the Fitbit was accurate. I'm doing laundry today, braving going up and down the steps. I was expecting a FedEx package, supposedly between 11-3, and of course they came early, when I was in the basement. I had to sign, as it's wine. My departed friend Ruth's Mother arrives this evening from the UK. I'll go with BFF to the airport; probably won't go inside due to my walking issues. 

@sailingdutchy @kochleffel @Vict0riann Welcome back and safe travels to your homes.

@RMLincoln Safe travels north! You're beginning an exciting new chapter in your lives.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Fancy motorhome, with satellite tv and remote control! Thanks for the Iceland photos. 

@marshhawk Sorry you're not feeling better. Is there any way to get seen by your PCP since the Pulmonologist cancelled your appointment?

@Mtn2Sea Lovely photos.

Never use that dirty three letter word. Prefer “More Mature”.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Nice tour on your VofV cruise!   More unique photos to enjoy.

It was a nice tour!  And lots of fun.

21 minutes ago, highscar said:

1959 Admiral console TV. With remote control that changed  channels and volume. If you tossed  change on to the coffee table.the Chanel would change. Lol. 

Every time our dog shook his head and rattled his collar and tags our TV would go on and off.  🤣

Vanessa @JazzyV The same thing has happened to me, and I hadn't posted before either.

@Niagarawine Welcome to the Daily! 

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 16

59 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Welcome to the Daily 🙂

it’s bound to be an exciting weekend.  I’m not a huge foot ball fan but I will catch a bit of it and root for Montreal as well, Kathy 😉 

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Welcome to the Daily 🙂

it’s bound to be an exciting weekend.  I’m not a huge foot ball fan but I will catch a bit of it and root for Montreal as well, Kathy 😉 

Thanks I follow your posts and really enjoy them.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. I am finally getting myself started. I was scheduled for a haircut this morning (much needed) but when I woke up I felt a bit achy and had a light temperature. So called it off and went back to bed. Feel a bit better now but will take it slow today. It is lovely day out but the forecast for tonight and tomorrow is a bit of rain.... or maybe not. If have been to today's destination and walked around town. Lovely spot. Glad I am not in Iceland right now.

After all the sadness of the cat hoarding incident we have had two fairly good pieces of news. You may have heard one of them. A hiker from Pagosa Springs disappeared with his dog in around October 19. Searchers found nothing. The sad part is that he was found under a tree, deceased, day before yesterday. His dog was still with him and was alive and well although it had lost weight. A Jack Russell terrier who evidently survived on local rodents. No sign of his nibbling on master which is the first thing everyone asks. That area is full of bears and mountain lions and it is to the dog's credit that it evidently kept them away from his owner. Sad ending for the family but they are glad to have his very loyal dog back and know what happened to relative who was an experienced hiker.

And.... for the last month we have been trying a catch a dog loose in the high country near Durango. It is wearing a red collar and dragging a leash. There has been snow up there. A couple days ago we were able to trap it and it is now at Humane Society. It is very sweet and seems to happy to be warm and fed.  We do worry about the owner.

Off to do some things to ready for my trip in January. "I have a little list" which keeps on growing and growing. Will try to take it easy the rest of the day.

Susan

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

St. Thomas is our port today. The cruise is going fast with only St. Maarten tomorrow and three sea days left. We rode the aerial tramway to Paradise Point and a good vantage point for pictures of the cruise ships.

I just watched the Nieuw Amsterdam lsail past on it’s way to Half Moon Cay.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Carnival Venezia, Disney Fantasy, and Nieuw Amsterdam

IMG_0782.thumb.jpeg.47b572ba0689777be63b51b545bcda26.jpeg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Maybe not a good day to visit Iceland. They are experiencing hundreds of earthquakes and a volcanic eruption is imminent. A small fishing village has been evacuated.

yes and that is why I canceled my cruise for next year as I think a lot of devastation will occur.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  I started working at 6 this morning, had a project, and then stayed busy throughout the day.  At least it went by quickly.  I’d like today’s meal suggestion if someone did the cooking.  Yesterday I received an email from my bank that my username and password may have been compromised please visit our website to change them.  I had to call the bank since they removed those options when they updated their webpage.  I googled it and sure enough they had a data breach.  I also got an email from HAL removing HMC in favor of Nassau for next Novembers NA cruise. It will be a “sea” day.  I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

image.png.373690ca872693e9e2be71804e04fc86.png

• Like 13
  • Haha 8

Geez the day has flown by, but was super long. Just wrapped a work day (5:30pm) that started before 6am. So I am late to the party.

Missed my Dr appt - rescheduled it for after I return from the cruise, but will continue PT.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 13

Hello everyone.

This is short and sweet.

Today has been a crazy day.  I cannot even begin to recount all the things that happened today.  Mostly good, some strange. Anyway, i am just sitting down to rest before I finish the last minute packing.

We’re leaving @ 9 am tomorrow and driving to Titusville, Florida.  Stay overnight and then Miami for two nights.

Anyway, I have not read any posts and will do so tomorrow night when I have time. Then I will catch up.  Sorry for not being around.

Jim’s knee is doing better, but still swollen.  Not as bad.

Will try to post tomorrow.

Prayers for all.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening. It’s been a busy day. I’m so over the 2 drama threads that are going on today, just because people don’t read the rules before booking.

I hope everyone has a good evening. 
@Cruzin Terri, safe travels tomorrow and relax and enjoy your cruise.

+1  🤯

• Like 11

56 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening. It’s been a busy day. I’m so over the 2 drama threads that are going on today, just because people don’t read the rules before booking.

I hope everyone has a good evening. 
@Cruzin Terri, safe travels tomorrow and relax and enjoy your cruise.

+2

200.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Safe travels @Cruzin Terri and Jim. 

We made it out of the condo. What a day. I thought today would be easy. The movers took everything yesterday. Well not everything….  We camped out in the condo last night.  The air bed was too hard for us. It was a poor night, not our first do we survived, rested. The. Today was cleanup day. Yup. More than expected. I’ll spare you the details. Finally mid afternoon we everything left sorted into recycle, trash or car. Never had such a car full!  Off to Xfinity to turn in tv box and WiFi router. Took an hour!  Finally over to I/95. Trying to navigate north to watch fir traffic incidents. DH’s phone won’t connect to anything!  Xfinity turned off service!  Ugh. Lucky mine still worked. Granddaughter took over remotely and got through to a live person, got it straightened out!  Needed some data for verification which I was able to text her and a miracle occurred!  I’m so grateful for all the good thoughts!  I’m fried tonight. We got up to Wilmington by 6:30. Nice hotel, real supper, real bed!  Hot shower and now to hopefully sleep. 

Tomorrow we have 2.5-3 hrs drive. Have a ton of papers to review, signing party is at 2. They already have the money wired Monday. We’ll camp out in the new unit tomorrow night, ready for an early delivery Friday morning!  🤞. Y’all’s prayers and good vibes are really carrying me!  I’ve been very emotional today! Big changes!  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  It was a busy day that did not go as planned.  I ran my errands, but didn't find a lot of what I was looking for.  The Dish technician came to install the DVR they use on motorhomes.  He told DH he didn't have the unit and they no longer supply it.  This was a surprise since the appointment was made through Dish for that particular receiver.  A few minutes after the tech left, Dish send an email canceling the appointment with no explanation.

While this was going on, I managed to get somethings in the outside compartments.  I'll get the rest of the outside compartments loaded in the morning, and then work on getting more loaded inside.  Our original plan was to leave Friday.  Now, it looks like it will be Saturday or Sunday.  We should be in Quartzsite before Thanksgiving, just barely.  Keep in mind, that RVers say their plans are set in Jell-O.

At least, the weather warmed up enough that I could wear shorts and sandals this afternoon.  Tomorrow, is supposed to be about the same.

13 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. In the mid fifties here this morning. On and off rain and occasional strong gust of wind. Every time we get a strong gust of wind the deck is pelleted with falling acorns. These are some prolific oaks.  @RedneckBobI’ll try another age discovery  test later. Me thinks you’re right.

House cleaners will be arriving soon. We really lucked out when we got to hire them. Just hope they will still come back after our long absence from cruise.

Okay a big thanks to all who make the Daily happen. Enjoy your hump day.

@RMLincoln I do hope you have a smooth transition into your new home. Bruce

image.jpeg.62dc84a56e3213490c7dfef28115992f.jpegimage.jpeg.44af2cebe661041f23a2e2ca92e0796a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e7d402bfe277c313423643b8788aa862.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a01195d69e84fca475c7c28000559005.jpeg

Bruce, we've got you beat.  Not only did we use Windows 95, we used MS Dos, but started even before then.  Our first computer was a RadioShack Model II using TRS Dos.  DH started writing his program in BASIC.  

Does anyone remember the Oaborne 1 computer?  It was the first commercially successful portable computer.  DH had one to demonstrate his software on sale calls.  That computer was not light, and the screen was tiny.

image.png.dd793717184aba645ebf6eb955ea6ec7.png

12 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is only reaching 50 later and is sunny and 34.We have a decent recycling program here and I used to make Bundt cakes when the children were around. The recipe sounds interesting. I love the miso flavor.

We were at the port on our VOV cruise on the Veendam. My DB and DSIL were with us and I remember many fun meals together.DDDH and I walked all over the town . The weather was sunny and in the sixties that day.

Resized_Resized_20150823_193851_193464142785468.jpeg

What a great picture of a very happy couple.

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites.!  I was supposed to drive DH to his appointment today, but with no sleep, and a serious coughing jag, I never made it out the door.  

I don't remember my grandparents in VT watching anything but Hee Haw on Saturday night.  Not sure if they even got more than one channel.  My grandparents in Cambridge MA, only had morning shows on.  Does anyone remember Ted Mack's original amatuer Hour?

Well, off to try and nap.  I am sure if I can get some sleep, I will feel better.  

image.png.c2de120a2eb728c31f6e965e61b12aa1.png

Annie, I'm sorry you didn't sleep and had such a coughing spell.  I hope you had a nap and feel better.

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Maybe not a good day to visit Iceland. They are experiencing hundreds of earthquakes and a volcanic eruption is imminent. A small fishing village has been evacuated.

The village is just south of the Blue Lagoon at the junction of the coast road and the road to the Blue Lagoon.  The Blue Lagoon was closed last week.

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Mtn2Sea Lovely photos.

I hope you enjoy your visit with Ruth's mother.  I know you both have some great memories to sharw.

9 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

Welcome to the Daily.

7 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good afternoon. I am finally getting myself started. I was scheduled for a haircut this morning (much needed) but when I woke up I felt a bit achy and had a light temperature. So called it off and went back to bed. Feel a bit better now but will take it slow today. It is lovely day out but the forecast for tonight and tomorrow is a bit of rain.... or maybe not. If have been to today's destination and walked around town. Lovely spot. Glad I am not in Iceland right now.

After all the sadness of the cat hoarding incident we have had two fairly good pieces of news. You may have heard one of them. A hiker from Pagosa Springs disappeared with his dog in around October 19. Searchers found nothing. The sad part is that he was found under a tree, deceased, day before yesterday. His dog was still with him and was alive and well although it had lost weight. A Jack Russell terrier who evidently survived on local rodents. No sign of his nibbling on master which is the first thing everyone asks. That area is full of bears and mountain lions and it is to the dog's credit that it evidently kept them away from his owner. Sad ending for the family but they are glad to have his very loyal dog back and know what happened to relative who was an experienced hiker.

And.... for the last month we have been trying a catch a dog loose in the high country near Durango. It is wearing a red collar and dragging a leash. There has been snow up there. A couple days ago we were able to trap it and it is now at Humane Society. It is very sweet and seems to happy to be warm and fed.  We do worry about the owner.

Off to do some things to ready for my trip in January. "I have a little list" which keeps on growing and growing. Will try to take it easy the rest of the day.

Susan

Susan, I saw the story about the hiker and his dog, but didn’t realize it was the hiker you mentioned at the time of his disappearance.  That is good news the dog near Durango was trapped and is in good condition.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone.

This is short and sweet.

Today has been a crazy day.  I cannot even begin to recount all the things that happened today.  Mostly good, some strange. Anyway, i am just sitting down to rest before I finish the last minute packing.

We’re leaving @ 9 am tomorrow and driving to Titusville, Florida.  Stay overnight and then Miami for two nights.

Anyway, I have not read any posts and will do so tomorrow night when I have time. Then I will catch up.  Sorry for not being around.

Jim’s knee is doing better, but still swollen.  Not as bad.

Will try to post tomorrow.

Prayers for all.

God Bless,

Terri

Safe travels tomorrow and Friday.

31 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Safe travels @Cruzin Terri and Jim. 

We made it out of the condo. What a day. I thought today would be easy. The movers took everything yesterday. Well not everything….  We camped out in the condo last night.  The air bed was too hard for us. It was a poor night, not our first do we survived, rested. The. Today was cleanup day. Yup. More than expected. I’ll spare you the details. Finally mid afternoon we everything left sorted into recycle, trash or car. Never had such a car full!  Off to Xfinity to turn in tv box and WiFi router. Took an hour!  Finally over to I/95. Trying to navigate north to watch fir traffic incidents. DH’s phone won’t connect to anything!  Xfinity turned off service!  Ugh. Lucky mine still worked. Granddaughter took over remotely and got through to a live person, got it straightened out!  Needed some data for verification which I was able to text her and a miracle occurred!  I’m so grateful for all the good thoughts!  I’m fried tonight. We got up to Wilmington by 6:30. Nice hotel, real supper, real bed!  Hot shower and now to hopefully sleep. 

Tomorrow we have 2.5-3 hrs drive. Have a ton of papers to review, signing party is at 2. They already have the money wired Monday. We’ll camp out in the new unit tomorrow night, ready for an early delivery Friday morning!  🤞. Y’all’s prayers and good vibes are really carrying me!  I’ve been very emotional today! Big changes!  

Maureen, I'm glad you made it to Wilmington.  It was good your granddaughter could help resolve the phnoe problem.  I hopey you both get a good night's sleep, and safe travels tomorrow.    I hope the signing goesmsmoothly.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Some of us are this old!

image.png.5177857bc1c6d9c50cb0eb9a37e023f0.png

That's me!  I'm an old DOS-head.  I believe that I was the last one in the USA to cave in to Windoze.  I hung onto DOS until 1996 -- only getting Win95 when it became apparent that the application devs were no longer supporting DOS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Does anyone remember the Oaborne 1 computer?  It was the first commercially successful portable computer.  DH had one to demonstrate his software on sale calls.  That computer was not light, and the screen was tiny.

image.png.dd793717184aba645ebf6eb955ea6ec7.png

Lenda, I recently posted on another thread that I still have my first computer, a 1979 Radio Shack Model I.  I keep it because I figure that it'll be valuable one day.  Or maybe not.

• Like 4