Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on  Ascent for March 27-April 6, 2026 a 10 night southern Caribbean . I know it’s two years away but really liked this itinerary with stops in Tortola, Antigua, Barbados,St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. I especially like the fact that we are in Tortola from 8am-6pm to give us enough time to spend over at Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar. I would love it if some of you could join us. It will be a blast!!

IMG_4229.thumb.png.e7865dd44554e35b38ae24cd58c4add9.png

• Like 21

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid John, thank you so much for the b'day wishes, especially those of adorable Kenzie. So much pleasure to get one from a beautiful young lady, as opposed to our 2 "macho" grandsons....😉

Also, heartfelt thanks for the wonderful wishes from so many of you --

Judy @NHProud, Graham @grapau27, Debbie @Sunshine3601, Jennifer @jmh2006, Greg @Sea Dog, OB @Ocean Boy, Marietta @DaniDanielle, @Vibe, Marian @helen haywood, Mary @MJSailors, Jane @firefly333, Karen @Keksie, Joe & Amelia @cruisingpeople, Mark @SteelCityCruiser10, Andrew @A&L_Ont, Sue @sgmn, Mark @h20skibum, George @George C, Bob @bobmacliberty, Sue @Lionesss, Bonnie @BonTexasNY, Deb @Momof3gurlz, Arzeena @Arzeena, @HBE4, Helen @FromSea2ShiningSea, @reallyitsmema, Dorothy @#55worktoplay, Lenny @lenquixote66, Sue @CrzLvr2 and @aussielozzie18.

DH cooked a nice dinner 2 days before my b'day, to celebrate also our eldest son's (Pi b'day😉).

Black (squid) pasta with shrimps...

image.thumb.jpeg.b9cb85fae9ce89eb3b846396e25d9bcd.jpeg

For my actual b'day, we went to a food stand for my favorite shawarma.... we were lucky to even find a table. It was delicious, huge portions, we took doggy bag home.

That's on the main street in our city, looks like the eighties, feels the same.

image.thumb.jpeg.f85a2a3edad9f6df2c86d48494415869.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a35240b1e5a65ec9ce9bca64ca19eb7.jpeg

Dani, this is a really precious picture of you💗.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

This one is for you @Sea Dog!IMG_7170.thumb.jpeg.4d842c5814cdacf38163c523a3602bd6.jpeg

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love it!! My alter ego on full display!

Even down to the leg joint. 🤦‍♂️

Sorry Greg, I couldn’t pass it up. I can’t wait for the day that you say it feels better. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Listened to music all night starting at 6:30 with Dave Mason , then a lobster dinner at Le Petit Chef , then a really great cover artist , then LSB a fantastic European band that is on every cruise , then at a little past midnight Peter Asher acoustic show , what this was is him inviting many artists to play , there were about 8 different musicians plus a backup band , Looking Glass lead singer did Brandy , Peter then told us that Paul McCartney who was living in his family house as him if he wanted to hear a new song on the piano in his basement, with him was John Lennon and they both sat on the piano bench and played him “ I want to hold her hand “ , they finished with his “ World without love” written by Paul . Got back to suite about 1;30 and found this on our bed.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1509afb346dd3a4b1163e870588be0e.jpeg

• Like 21

Just a update, I'll catch up later. We didnt get home until 6 pm. I told my bil to pick me up at 330 not knowing how late he was running. He had had a surgery with complications that put him behind. The lady in the cubicle next to me didnt speak english and her daughter interrupted a lengthy argument when the doctor came out to greet the 2 of us. She had a growth in her eye and yesterday he was removing thr growth and she had to come back for cataract surgery. Her growth removal was a 30 minute surgery vs mine for 15 to 20 minutes. She didnt want to come back, wanted him to get it all done yesterday so argued and he was like we already covered all this in the office. But she wasnt liking it and arguing about it with the doctor. A growth in her eye? Yikes. 

At 330 they removed my watch so I had no way to see the time. In case I had to be revived couldnt have my watch on my wrist. All my stuff was packed in a surgery bag, even my jacket and they offered me a blanket.

So I only had less than a hour last night. At 9 pm I was to remove the patch over my eye and do the 3 eye drops, 5 minutes apart. It made me a little dizzy and stuff is a bit blurry. Then I taped it back on and went to bed. I am up now with the patch off to do my 3 eye drops and I have to be to his office by 945 am to check the surgery. So much for dont bend. I had to move the trash out for pick up and my jeans came off on the floor and I had to bend to pick them up to wear today. He could have been a bit better on instructions imo. I remember hearing him tell me to fast but it wasnt on the pre opt instructions. As I said his surgery scheduling lady was off that afternoon so his wife was there trying to cover. I had a cookie and coffee before I remembered someone sayijg to fast.

Time for eye drops. Get ready and im driving over even if I have to cover the eye. Idk, I'll see. One drop is every 2 hours I'll already miss by the time I get to his office. Says every 2 hours while awake for 1 week., post and read later. The words are swimming tbh. My eye is watery and more drops to come. Idk they dont predetermine the lens. He measures while you are laying there and then picks the right size lens at the time. He did also say he caught the cataract just in time as it was just turning thicker. He caught it before it grew thick enough to really block my vision barely. He told me again the lens is the best currently in the whole world. 

Sorry my eyes too blurry to read posts.. hopefully later.

• Like 15

Hope everyone has a great first day of spring.   It is 26° here, and it doesn’t look like spring.  

IMG_0805.thumb.jpeg.3f5087e901126ee0ba31e8b3bcee7df7.jpeg

Just booked our flights to San Francisco and back, so we can pick up our grandson for the summer.  Now, less than three months until the start of Summer of Fun 4.0.  

• Like 16

40 minutes ago, George C said:

Listened to music all night starting at 6:30 with Dave Mason , then a lobster dinner at Le Petit Chef , then a really great cover artist , then LSB a fantastic European band that is on every cruise , then at a little past midnight Peter Asher acoustic show , what this was is him inviting many artists to play , there were about 8 different musicians plus a backup band , Looking Glass lead singer did Brandy , Peter then told us that Paul McCartney who was living in his family house as him if he wanted to hear a new song on the piano in his basement, with him was John Lennon and they both sat on the piano bench and played him “ I want to hold her hand “ , they finished with his “ World without love” written by Paul . Got back to suite about 1;30 and found this on our bed.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1509afb346dd3a4b1163e870588be0e.jpeg

I think I would not have wanted to mess up the bed and would have slept on the couch!

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hope everyone has a great first day of spring.   It is 26° here, and it doesn’t look like spring.  

Just booked our flights to San Francisco and back, so we can pick up our grandson for the summer.  Now, less than three months until the start of Summer of Fun 4.0.  

If I had woken up to that Lent would have immediately ended and I would have cracked open the Kraken bottle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just a update, I'll catch up later. We didnt get home until 6 pm. I told my bil to pick me up at 330 not knowing how late he was running. He had had a surgery with complications that put him behind. The lady in the cubicle next to me didnt speak english and her daughter interrupted a lengthy argument when the doctor came out to greet the 2 of us. She had a growth in her eye and yesterday he was removing thr growth and she had to come back for cataract surgery. Her growth removal was a 30 minute surgery vs mine for 15 to 20 minutes. She didnt want to come back, wanted him to get it all done yesterday so argued and he was like we already covered all this in the office. But she wasnt liking it and arguing about it with the doctor. A growth in her eye? Yikes. 

At 330 they removed my watch so I had no way to see the time. In case I had to be revived couldnt have my watch on my wrist. All my stuff was packed in a surgery bag, even my jacket and they offered me a blanket.

So I only had less than a hour last night. At 9 pm I was to remove the patch over my eye and do the 3 eye drops, 5 minutes apart. It made me a little dizzy and stuff is a bit blurry. Then I taped it back on and went to bed. I am up now with the patch off to do my 3 eye drops and I have to be to his office by 945 am to check the surgery. So much for dont bend. I had to move the trash out for pick up and my jeans came off on the floor and I had to bend to pick them up to wear today. He could have been a bit better on instructions imo. I remember hearing him tell me to fast but it wasnt on the pre opt instructions. As I said his surgery scheduling lady was off that afternoon so his wife was there trying to cover. I had a cookie and coffee before I remembered someone sayijg to fast.

Time for eye drops. Get ready and im driving over even if I have to cover the eye. Idk, I'll see. One drop is every 2 hours I'll already miss by the time I get to his office. Says every 2 hours while awake for 1 week., post and read later. The words are swimming tbh. My eye is watery and more drops to come. Idk they dont predetermine the lens. He measures while you are laying there and then picks the right size lens at the time. He did also say he caught the cataract just in time as it was just turning thicker. He caught it before it grew thick enough to really block my vision barely. He told me again the lens is the best currently in the whole world. 

Sorry my eyes too blurry to read posts.. hopefully later.

Hoping that your vision gets better soon. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Was 25 when I got up to this view today.  So done with this week.  At least the sun is out now and it's mostly melted.  My granddaughter says the groundhog lied.

20240319_074501.thumb.jpg.02dc35dd015e54dd94859de7f3f82ec1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hope everyone has a great first day of spring.  

I didn't realize today was the 1st day of spring!  When I read this I got so excited I wet my plants 🪴 

• Haha 23

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

I thought it's March 21st ....

It is the date of the spring equinox, so it is March 19 where we live.

IMG_6886.thumb.jpeg.782c0c00b759e2d09a9a2f2a3df8bbb1.jpeg

I always thought it was the 21st too, but today was on my calendar.  

And, in honor of the first day of spring, DQ has free ice cream cones today

IMG_6887.thumb.jpeg.c7d876d813df2b770b5e485d48ab6b8f.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

It should be. I don’t understand it. 

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

This year, March 19, 2024. Time 11.06 pm

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Understood.

In our neck of the woods, the "turnover" day is "fixed"... 21st of June, Sept. Dec. and March....😕

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Leap year

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@ValerieJo

Where are you? I have not seen a post from you in quite a while. Hope you are just busy cruising/camping away and that all is well.

Hi Arzena!   

We have been great.  Nothing too exciting around here.  Starting to get things ready to go open our lake house for the season.  Hope to do that over Easter weekend.  Been busy making purchases of new shutters, dining room set and other trinkets to take up.  We want to redo our kitchen up there, so trying to decide how we want to proceed.  Got a few quotes so we're currently deciding whether to replace all the cabinets or just repaint what's there and add new countertops.  

I won't be able to go back and read all I've missed.  I hope everyone is doing well, is in good health and safe. 

It was so sweet of you to think about us.  Thank you so much.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on  Ascent for March 27-April 6, 2026 a 10 night southern Caribbean . I know it’s two years away but really liked this itinerary with stops in Tortola, Antigua, Barbados,St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. I especially like the fact that we are in Tortola from 8am-6pm to give us enough time to spend over at Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar. I would love it if some of you could join us. It will be a blast!!

IMG_4229.thumb.png.e7865dd44554e35b38ae24cd58c4add9.png

We have also booked this one as of this morning.  😄

• Like 8