The Daily for Monday 01/24/2022

richwmn

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I prefer beer in bottles. A salute to compliments (given and received) and belly laughs.

Excellent quote.

I'll pass on the meal, but take the drink and wine.

I have been to Grenada on a land trip.

Just in from shoveling the walks and salting. Another 1"-3" are predicted for this afternoon. I'm starting to get the house tidied and some prep cooking done, as BFF is coming over tomorrow evening for our gift exchange and dinner on the 25th.

@kazu Prayers for Jose and you.

@smitty34877 I hope Tana is stabilizing/improving.

@rafinmd I hope your strength and stamina are improving.

@Vict0riann Prayers for your cousin diagnosed with ALS.

@aliaschief Belated Happy Birthday to your DW.

@Cruzin Terri Good luck with your tests and the lump removal tomorrow. Safe travels.

@marshhawk Welcome home to your DH.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for your niece's DH's chemo, that it's tolerable. Also prayers for your DSIL's Mom; it sounds like she has a lot going on.

@JAM37 Cute picture! I'm glad Lucy and DD are doing well.

@ottahand7 Hopefully the new home for the stray cat works out.

@Cruising-along HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Some pictures from Alhambra, Grenada

479347633_176-AlhambraGranada.thumb.JPG.a5ee267453567329b1ea0528dfeecd42.JPG

184.thumb.JPG.d8826ea7ae491144a93522f1fb0d3b57.JPG

186.thumb.JPG.dd84fb0522d4cf7f62d89081cf35a671.JPG

441790258_189-Alhambra.thumb.JPG.c1c96185ee946962bfb9cfba8762b653.JPG

426193567_190-PatiooftheLions(PatiodelosLeones).thumb.JPG.9ba513ab167b00321ff8a3e19c9d9c35.JPG

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Happy Birthday to @aliaschief's DW, Sue.  

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.828eef71dbb7811a8c90b4882154e21f.jpg

And Happy Birthday to @Cruising-along

315045049_images(1).jpg.20fc39a7757e0321bd8e9d655e9c6ee5.jpg

I decided it was time to get started on my next quilting project.  I planned to start this last January, but time got away from me.  I find quilting to be more of a winter activity than summer.  So, I finally bought the fabric in December and today I cut out the blue fabric.  That is all my back would take.  Tomorrow is the lighter fabric.

This is the pattern I am doing.

IMG_1408.thumb.jpg.56c458fe099c01e9091104f66a4508d6.jpg

And these are the fabrics I chose.

IMG_1411.thumb.jpg.4472437562b1e0ffdc2e4ced67e421fe.jpg

This should keep me out of trouble for a while.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dfish said:

Happy Birthday to @aliaschief's DW, Sue.  

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.828eef71dbb7811a8c90b4882154e21f.jpg

I decided it was time to get started on my next quilting project.  I planned to start this last January, but time got away from me.  I find quilting to be more of a winter activity than summer.  So, I finally bought the fabric in December and today I cut out the blue fabric.  That is all my back would take.  Tomorrow is the lighter fabric.

This is the pattern I am doing.

IMG_1408.thumb.jpg.56c458fe099c01e9091104f66a4508d6.jpg

And these are the fabrics I chose.

IMG_1411.thumb.jpg.4472437562b1e0ffdc2e4ced67e421fe.jpg

This should keep me out of trouble for a while.

That will be beautiful, Debbie!

Okay, so I started at the end of the Daily here.  Now to get back to the beginning.  lol

• Like 20

37 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Another foggy morning.  Yesterday the fog never lifted, and the moisture added to the coldness.  Today supposedly will be sunny so I have plans to sit 'round the fire pit with my gal pals in the neighborhood.  We may even have some wine to celebrate my birthday today.  Then a nice take-out dinner tonight and family dinner tomorrow when we can celebrate my and DD's birthday which is Thursday. 

I don't like beer out of a can, prefer Guinness in a bottle.  A compliment can make a person's day or longer, and belly laughs are the very best kind.  Great quote, will pass on the wine, drink and meal. Looking to photos of the port, as we've never been to this one.

@kazucontinued prayers for you and Jose.  

@StLouisCruisersI'm so sorry to hear that your DSIL's Mom's condition is so dire.  Prayers for the family.

@Cruzin Terriprayers that your blood work and biopsy all have good results.

@ottahand7again, I think you're wonderful for working so hard to find a home for the stray kitty.  I hope this new home will be a great fur-ever hoHame for her.

Happy Birthday!from a fellow Aquarian 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

That is really good news !  So happy to hear it !

YIppee!

That is really good news !

Really, really good to hear !

You have worked so hard to find this cat a home.  Bless you ♥️ I hope this home turns into her fur-ever home 🙏🏻 

@aliaschiefa very happy belated birthday to Sue @DWAliaschief

3D3950B2-58DE-4C7B-BC45-9887F13A92DD.jpeg.953fc5873a0eed99c40dd98153984309.jpeg

And  from me  as  well.

Jim.

• Like 13

Good morning!  Happy Birthday, @aliaschief's DW and @Cruising-along.   I will gladly have a bottle of Guinness tonight in celebration.  😉

It's so good to see a recovering sweet Cinderella, @JAM37.   That certainly brings a smile.

Here in San Diego, it is warm and sunny.  (Sorry!!)  I mentioned DMIL has been with us.  We have just about got her all "fixed up."  She has hair done, dental work, hearing aides fitted and eyes examined.  She says she wants to go back to her house, so will probably do that at the beginning of February.  We have lined up an aide for her.  It has been a successful and gratifying visit, as her outlook on life has improved tremendously.

This week, I'm hoping to go to Los Angeles to pick up new puppy Pomeranian. 🐕 The breeder has been out of town, so we have had to wait.  DD has assured me it will be a shared responsibility, so we can still travel.  Although, right now...all dressed up and nowhere to go!

Thank you, Rich and Team, for the Daily.  Many thanks for the photos and other contributions as well.  Our care list is long.  Thoughts and prayers are with those in need.  Cheers to those Celebrating!  😊

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, all! A compliment brightens the day of both the giver and the receiver. A good belly laugh is one of the few contagious conditions that actually improves your health. 
As for appreciating beer cans: according to @grapau27’s research, ‘the cans of beer sold in the US in one year would reach from earth to the moon AND BACK 12 times.’ In other words, if everyone just pooled their empties for a single year, NASA could build a tower of 24’s all the way to the moon. If people only worked together, they could save billions.😉

For winter, our weather is fairly moderate right now. It dips to,freezing at night, but barely. We are having very dense fog, though. At least we don’t have to shovel fog and it doesn’t flood anything!

@kazu, as always Jacqui, sending strength and prayers your way as you deal with what must be done. @StLouisCruisers I’m so sorry your DSIL’s mother is doing so poorly. This must be so hard on them all!  @ger_77 and @JAM37 I’m so glad both of you have healthy and negative grandchildren again! And Gerry, your cartoon finally explains why polar bears and penguins live at opposite ends of the earth and not together! @mamaofami fingers crossed that the care situation is finally resolved. We had no reports of yesterday’s aide being awful, so maybe you have two good ones! @HAL4NOW being pestered by mosquitoes is just wrong on so many levels. Is there no escape ever?

Happy Monday, to those aboard a BHB and to those wishing they were!

A0DC5DF3-25B7-4EB4-B59B-6D0C4100E0F0.thumb.jpeg.f4d06ef2cff5157c91c622cecbd3c9bc.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!  Great collection of days today but I prefer beer in a bottle and even then I ask for a beer mug to drink out of or have a draft one.  🍺 I don’t drink beer very often though, I much prefer wine. Compliments are important and a morale booster. A good belly laugh helps morale too. 

As much as I love veggies I have to pass on today’s meal suggestion. Just doesn’t sound appealing to me. 

@mamaofami — my mother also rinsed my hair with beer. She told me that it kept it shiny. It also helped that my father had a beer keg on the back porch that had been closed in. 🍻

@Cruzin Terri — good luck with your excision and biopsy tomorrow!

Bruce @aliaschief — Happy belated Birthday to Sue!  🧁🎈

Carolyn @Cruising-along — Happy Birthday!! 🎈🎂 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

@Cruising-alonghope you have an absolutely wonderful birthday today.

F7956F15-7FA9-43BA-B4E1-8432CF27BCB6.jpeg.09fc22b43b2245430a9cf994bb5b42ba.jpeg

24 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I mentioned DMIL has been with us.  We have just about got her all "fixed up."  She has hair done, dental work, hearing aides fitted and eyes examined.  She says she wants to go back to her house, so will probably do that at the beginning of February.  We have lined up an aide for her.  It has been a successful and gratifying visit, as her outlook on life has improved tremendously.

So wonderful to hear her visit has been successful.  Gratifying indeed to hear she has improved so much 👍 

24 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

This week, I'm hoping to go to Los Angeles to pick up new puppy Pomeranian. 🐕 The breeder has been out of town, so we have had to wait.  DD has assured me it will be a shared responsibility, so we can still travel.  

Ooh a new puppy 👍 How fun!  That’s going to keep you all very busy 😉 

Hope you will post a pic of the baby when you get your new fur baby.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Another foggy morning.  Yesterday the fog never lifted, and the moisture added to the coldness.  Today supposedly will be sunny so I have plans to sit 'round the fire pit with my gal pals in the neighborhood.  We may even have some wine to celebrate my birthday today.  Then a nice take-out dinner tonight and family dinner tomorrow when we can celebrate my and DD's birthday which is Thursday. 

I don't like beer out of a can, prefer Guinness in a bottle.  A compliment can make a person's day or longer, and belly laughs are the very best kind.  Great quote, will pass on the wine, drink and meal. Looking to photos of the port, as we've never been to this one.

@StLouisCruisersI'm so sorry to hear that your DSIL's Mom's condition is so dire.  Prayers for the family.

@ottahand7again, I think you're wonderful for working so hard to find a home for the stray kitty.  I hope this new home will be a great fur-ever home for her.

Happy birthday.

Screenshot_20211024_211944.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich.

What an interesting collection of days.  Beer Can appreciation?  Not a huge beer drinker (except in a port at times where they have different ones to try) but I”ll celebrate the day and try to give a belly laugh at the same time.

8C78DBA4-B81C-4B7B-A345-9EC2A633B50A.jpeg.80973b685004264db36db3a0adcb1dcd.jpeg

Compliments can really help others and how they feel.  Love that quote by Emmerson.

Not sure about the meal suggestion for today but will check out the recipe out of curiosity and look forward to the drink and wine of the day.  

01C665AE-D42F-414F-8E4B-D03238E7B08E.jpeg.4d9822a24920679b537cd4661eb7a490.jpeg

We have not been to Motril but we have been to Granada by land.  Amazing.  I highly recommend a visit there if you have the opportunity.

Off to visit with my Financial Planner this morning.  Unfortunately, there are things that have to be attended that I never thought I would need to worry about 😔 But it has to be done so best to bite the bullet and get it over with.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 To those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday, everyone !!!!!!

D7135AA2-7435-4AA1-A240-CFD3C27725F6.thumb.jpeg.babd30cc87b245a5162c1ef1eba98dd2.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

Thanks @kazu Jacqui for the Pickles cartoon. Often it feels like Earl and Opal are my husband and myself and they live in our house! 🤪. Things happen here one day and we read about it in Pickles the next day. 
Sorry you have things to do that are uncomfortable and way to soon. My friend is going through this with a friend who found out there were different spellings of their last name going all the way back 50 years to their wedding certificate, kids birthday certificates, and bank accounts. So it’s a good idea for anyone to check it out early. 
Take care today. 

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

@ottahand7again, I think you're wonderful for working so hard to find a home for the stray kitty.  I hope this new home will be a great fur-ever home for her.

Happy Birthday! Hope your new year is filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise!

422F4DBD-0155-48D2-9832-7CA539EB479A.jpeg.a9c80a0b6a7f6b4b14b1b051de57c499.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

The things I learn from this thread. Glad to find out that I am not the only one that does not like beer. The drink of the day and the wine both sound delightful, I will skip the meal.

@StLouisCruisersI am praying for strength for your SIL and God's Will regarding his mother.

@AncientWanderer You must be an excellent provider and caregiver for your MIL to have progressed so far.

@rafinmd Kakalena has remained Covid free despite being exposed and she has heard from the movers that her furniture should arrive tomorrow. 2 big celebrations for her.

There has been a lot of good news here today.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

The things I learn from this thread. Glad to find out that I am not the only one that does not like beer. The drink of the day nd the wine both sound delightful, I will skip the meal.

@StLouisCruisersI am praying for strength for your SIL and Gods Will regarding his mother.

@AncientWanderer You must be an excellent provider and caregiver for your MIL to have progressed so far.

There is  quite a bit of good news here today for which I thank God.

@rafinmd Kakalena has remained Covid free despite being exposed and she has heard from the movers that her furniture should arrive tomorrow. 2 big celebrations for her.

This is excellent news that Kakalena has remained covid free after her exposure.

Good news that her furniture is arriving tomorrow also.

Graham.

• Like 16

My morning started fun.  Up at 5:30 for 6 am zoom call. (9am on mainland). Went for breakfast and back to my room.  Then alarm started and voice throughout our hotel wing that we had to evacuate because of a fire situation!  So down 6 stories to ground level.  I avoid going “down” stairs because it bothers one knee.. Then the all clear!!!  Now in my room with leg elevated.

@ger_77, sorry to not be able to meet you on Zuiderdam.  Prayers for your DH and repair for his health problems.

@kazu, continued prayers for all of your concerns.  You have such a wonderful fighting spirit to overcome all trials.

@mamaofami hope your aide situation stabilizes and that you have people who are caring and trustworthy.

it looks like another beautiful Hawaiian day.  Had to laugh about Floridians turning on the heat.  I remember those very few days when heat was necessary while we lived there.

Wishing “Aloha” to all.

• Like 26

Good morning and thanks all!  We visited Granada pre digital,  does that mean we really visited 🤔  Happy birthday @Cruising-along and dear wife of @aliaschief

i don’t like beer, although a Radler is ok! 

@cat shepard  love a good Lambrusco,  we stayed near Bologna and enjoyed some really nice ones. The Sorbara area are really nice!  I think it has a bad rep from the sweet Riunites from the 70s.  
@Cruzin Terrigood luck tomorrow! 
@kazu sending hugs, so much to deal with! 

@AncientWanderer a new puppy, how wonderful!  
@smitty34877  I think you’re doing great.  Multiquoting like Jacqui taught us or just using @  instead of separate posts quoting makes it quicker and easier to read,  I appreciate the effort.  
So far our pregnant niece is doing ok, but another friend who was double vaccinated and got Covid at Christmas was just hospitalized. Stay safe!  

Anyone else playing wordle?

6 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

A COLD 25F right now in Ocala - would be a warm 25F on the frozen tundra.

we warmed up to plus 13 C or mid 50s F yesterday!  

@StLouisCruisers

hope there’s one improvement soon! 

@JazzyV thanks for the photos! 

@dfishwhat gorgeous fabric!

6F89B313-7252-409C-B913-BA140E268E6C.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruising-along HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂

Thank you, Vanessa!  Gorgeous photos 🙂  

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Thanks Debbie!  That quilt is going to be beautiful and a great winter project.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Happy Birthday!from a fellow Aquarian 

Yes!  Hope you enjoyed yours yesterday.  A friend sent me a meme today that says "January girls are sunshine mixed with a little hurricane".  With 5 women in my family born in January, I can say that is true. 🙂  

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning!  Happy Birthday, @aliaschief's DW and @Cruising-along.   I will gladly have a bottle of Guinness tonight in celebration.  😉

Thank you Maxine, enjoy your Guinness! 🙂  

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Carolyn @Cruising-along — Happy Birthday!! 🎈🎂 

Thank you Sharon!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

@Cruising-alonghope you have an absolutely wonderful birthday today.

F7956F15-7FA9-43BA-B4E1-8432CF27BCB6.jpeg.09fc22b43b2245430a9cf994bb5b42ba.jpeg

Gorgeous, thank you Jacqui 🙂  

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Cruising-alongHappy Birthday! 🎂

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday.

Screenshot_20211024_211944.jpg

Thank you Graham!

59 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Happy Birthday! Hope your new year is filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise!

422F4DBD-0155-48D2-9832-7CA539EB479A.jpeg.a9c80a0b6a7f6b4b14b1b051de57c499.jpeg

Thank you Ann!

Happy birthday @Cruising-along

Thank you @bennybear!  (I'm too late to add to the multi-quote) ! 

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, still.  My original rule was that I was not to go to CC until after I rode my exercise bike, but that has now  been amended to no posting until after I ride, but I read The Daily news after breakfast, thank you, all.  So now I am posting, exercised, showered, dressed, and ready for lunch!  Pat has gone for a walk and to pick up some prescriptions, and mail a packet of stamps to @sailingdutchy...  DD has made a big pot of soup (potato and leek).  We did experiment with the gnocchi and sun-dried/pistachio pesto the other day.  It was okay, but not terribly exciting, and it wasn't until the next day that I re-read the recipe and discovered that it had been missing the parmesan.  That might have made it tastier!  But with parmesan it won't be vegan any more,  so no use for DS.  Oh, well.

Praying for everyone with Covid, or in contact with someone ill , and of course, Jacqui, Jose and Tana.  There do seem to be a few little snippets of good news today, Kakalena, mamaofami, birthdays, puppies, quilts. DD plays wordle and another app called What?Word, I think it is - W?W.  I stick with my sudokus and jigsaws on my iPad, plus cryptic puzzles in the papers.

• Like 24

21 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, still.  My original rule was that I was not to go to CC until after I rode my exercise bike, but that has now  been amended to no posting until after I ride, but I read The Daily news after breakfast, thank you, all.  So now I am posting, exercised, showered, dressed, and ready for lunch!  Pat has gone for a walk and to pick up some prescriptions, and mail a packet of stamps to @sailingdutchy...  DD has made a big pot of soup (potato and leek).  We did experiment with the gnocchi and sun-dried/pistachio pesto the other day.

You know how to lure me out of my tent Ann  @VictOriann I was just leaving the Daily for a few days as far as posting was concerned  have just lurked a bit here and there , but you got me !  Even though I might have to plow out our mailbox I will patiently look out for the mail from you !  Thank You So Much !

The weather we are having now is perfect for doing my hobbies , like keeping up the stamp collection or doing large jigsaw puzzles , looking at more cruises or tours for cruises  etc etc . Its good to be busy 

Greetings from the snowbelt in SW Ontario , Will mail you later . 

Take Care and big Cuber Hugs ! 

Tony 😁😁

• Like 17